• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your most recent acquisition: US
8 8

20,908 posts in this topic

Hi Everyone

I know these are not U.S. coins, but i just wanted to share them with all of you (My Friends)

I won them yesterday for just under $10.00, they are Canadian and were made for

The Canadian 1999 MILLENNIUM. A 12 Coin Pack of 25 Cent coins, one for each month.

I hope you all enjoy them, I will take a better picture when they arrive in the mail.

All the best

Alan

CANADA1999MILLENNIUM-25CENTS12COINSONPLASTICPACK-1-1.jpg

Some of you have probably seen me post a few of the Heraldic Art Medals here before. The series consists of 60 regular issue medals, produced from 1959 through 1978 and released in regular intervals of three medals per year. Of the 60 regular issue medals, 13 contain the image of a horse. Over the past year, I have picked up 8 of the 13 medals, with 6 of those 8 being graded and encased in NGC holders. This is my newest addition, and one that I've been looking forward to getting for a long time.

This is medal #17 of the series, issued in 1964 to commemorate the Bicentennial of the Founding of St. Louis, Missouri. The reverse of the medal prominently features King Louis IX of France on horseback (more commonly known as Saint Louis). The image of Saint Louis on horseback is based on the statue by Charles Niehaus entitled Apotheosis of St. Louis which was completed in 1906 and has been a landmark and symbol of the city of St. Louis for over a century.

125254.jpg.57922a4fd5e868d05b99534d1a535a8b.jpg

Hi Everyone

I know these are not U.S. coins, but i just wanted to share them with all of you (My Friends)

I won them yesterday for just under $10.00, they are Canadian and were made for

The Canadian 1999 MILLENNIUM. A 12 Coin Pack of 25 Cent coins, one for each month.

I hope you all enjoy them, I will take a better picture when they arrive in the mail.

All the best

Alan

CANADA1999MILLENNIUM-25CENTS12COINSONPLASTICPACK-1-1.jpg

Nice set Alan, I have that one myself!! Now you have to find the Province set.

Nice Texas there (thumbs u

I recently started a classic commem type set as well. Here's my new pick-up from Mark Feld's latest offerings. It's got a very nice cartwheel luster over great toning. The blue on the reverse really makes it seem that the ship is sailing the open water :D

commemColumbian1893pcgs65.jpg

Here's my new pick-up from Mark Feld

Nice example!

(thumbs u

But, don't be even thinking about stealing nice Early Commemoratives from Mark. That's my game! ;)

Here's my new pick-up from Mark Feld

Nice example!

(thumbs u

But, don't be even thinking about stealing nice Early Commemoratives from Mark. That's my game! ;)

Well I had my eye on another commem he was offering but it was gone by the time I emailed him. Maybe you were the one that swiped it from me :)