• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your most recent acquisition: US
8 8

20,909 posts in this topic

Just got this in today. It really needs a new holder as the slab is really scuffed up that it makes this nice clean looking Jefferson look like spoon!

Btw, this does complete my 1950-1964 Proof Set

1951JeffersonNGCPF68.jpg

Received this today sitting in an ANACS green and white label MS65 holder. Coin shows very nice crescent moon rainbow toning starting at the "L" in liberty and ending just to the side of the date "1976". The yellow, blue and green colors look much nicer in person than my current picture shows, and is evenly placed on both obverse and reverse of the coin. It does look like a substantial scratch near the base of Ike's bust, but that is actually on the holder and not the coin. The coin itself looks better than the PCGS type 2 Ike that I had recently purchased that was also graded as MS65.

Link to PCGS MS65 Ike from the last purchase

121718.jpg.a5473159215764ff064af9d7335a9b06.jpg

121719.jpg.5547ddf2f7bd95a6683abc70cc4f0757.jpg

Wow, someone's been busy Jom. That 1809 is incredible!

It's pretty nice...AND...wait for it...wait for it...it's an XXX edge too! :kidaround:

Although you can see the edge due to the holder is there a way to tell WITHOUT seeing the edge? Die markers etc?

jom

Just got this in today. It really needs a new holder as the slab is really scuffed up that it makes this nice clean looking Jefferson look like spoon!

Btw, this does complete my 1950-1964 Proof Set

Congrats on the completion Bobby and some very nice additions everyone. (thumbs u

Wow, someone's been busy Jom. That 1809 is incredible!

It's pretty nice...AND...wait for it...wait for it...it's an XXX edge too! :kidaround:

Although you can see the edge due to the holder is there a way to tell WITHOUT seeing the edge? Die markers etc?

jom

Beautiful group of busties Jom, and there are only specific die marriages that have the XXX or ||| edges, for the XXX they are O-101, O-102, O-108a and O-110. With what looks like a row of segments below the scroll on the reverse, it looks like yours is an O-102.

I bought this last month and since I don't buy too many coins in a year, I hope you don't mind me posting this one now. I do love to look at it since it is one of those big flashy coins that can kinda grab your attention.

dollar1925ngc66.jpg

New forum member here.

Working on completing a Kennedy Proof date set. For me, Kennedy's are one of the few series I find attractive and affordable in high grades. Here are my newest additions.

1993s50csilver.jpg

By geekpryde at 2012-02-11

1998s50csilver.jpg

By geekpryde at 2012-02-11

I've been low bidding on Kennedy proofs since around 2006 and have picked up most of the set for roughly 50% off the NGC price guide, with a few exceptions that seem to always go for more than guide (1968-S, 1969-S). This approach takes a long time, but I have very limited funds to devote to coins, and it seems like a fun treasure hunt this way.

Thanks for looking!

Nice Peace dollar...in fact GREAT Peace dollar...and I ain't a big fan of them.

jom

Welcome Berry, nice additions Kenneth, Jom, and CatBert (thumbs u

Ditto (thumbs u