• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your most recent acquisition: US
8 8

20,909 posts in this topic

In hand, I bet that coin is quite attractive. In the TrueView, it looks neon and ridiculous.

I agree with Jason. That's a stellar coin, despite what appears to be a PCGS saturation boost problem. Look forward to seeing your pics Bob.

-Brandon

In hand, I bet that coin is quite attractive. In the TrueView, it looks neon and ridiculous.

Thank you for your comments. Yes, I can certainly take a more subdued photo and with this coin. In fact, I can Only take it more subdued.

In fairness to the TrueView, all the the colors are present. To most of us, they hide under a layer of glare when we attempt to image the coin.

When holding and viewing the coin in hand, the eyes have no problem seeing neon colors mixed with glare and flash. But that is the advantage of 3-D. Presenting all the colors from exposure during optimal conditions don’t aways come across in a posititve manner to some eyes. You have to remember, we are posting in 2-D. There is no gradient of color or pattern. It’s just, Boom, in your face.

But in hand, the appearance is not the bold and bright coin you see in the TrueView………unless you hold it in the right light.

The color is actually more vibrant than my photos. I'm still working on trying to make the images better, but........

1871SLQpPr62Cobv_03sm.jpg

1871SLQpPr62Cobv_07sm.jpg

1871SLQpPr62Cobv_46sm.jpg

Brg what is the grade on that Jeff? Looks amazing!!

It is graded MS67 by NGC. No FS, as there is a nick on the left and some chatter in the middle. The clean and nick free obverse is what caught my attention at first.

I'm just getting around to take some pics of these coins. Not very good pics but, here they are.

Proof sets

76, 82, 84, 85 and 86

coinsandcomics006.jpg

coinsandcomics007.jpg

coinsandcomics008.jpg

coinsandcomics009.jpg

coinsandcomics010.jpg

I'm having fun with it. I was a coin collector when I was a kid before I got into comics. I still have my 1892 Indian Head Cent and some Proof Wheat Pennies that I kept all these years.

Beautiful Bobby. What does it take to make a 70??

I agree. The coin looks awesome. I do see one small shiney spec on the monticello so that may have knocked it down. Other than that, it's very clean.

20647185o.jpg20647185r.jpg

My new Fugio still on layaway

Question about Fugios... Are most of them die clashed ??

I have always admired the design and it's association with

our country's beginnings. The fore-runner of the chain cent.

Very nice example , BTW !!

That's a real beauty Bobby. I like it a lot.

Sweet Fugio, EB

And Timely, that's a nice IHC

***edited to add, that 1910 proof Lincoln is gorgeous as well, Fishy!!!!

Edited by FILTHYHOARD