• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your most recent acquisition: US
8 8

20,909 posts in this topic

Nice Bicentenial. You don't see a whole lot of these anymore. My daughter in law had one and was dying to show it to me. She says "PapPaw, u have got to see this qtr I got in change. It is OLD!!!" lol

lol, my niece (8 year old) did the exact same thing the other day when she got one in change from the local candy store. Those little moments are priceless. Due to all the attention I drew when I was born in Grand Rapids Michigan, most of my family hoarded tons of rolls of the bicentennial coins. Because of that I have about 20 rolls (each) of the Ike's, Kennedy's and Washingtons that are just sitting in common Ziploc bags. I also have the 3 coin silver proof set and the 3 coin silver mint set sitting in my safe that were given to my mother by President Gerald R. Ford the following afternoon that I was born. He gave the same sets to all 6 babys that were born that day at that hospitol. Somewhere my parents have the picture of him handing them to my mother, I have asked her to look for it so that I could get a scan of it, but, since she has moved a few times since that day, she cant seem to find it yet.

Nice pickups Mike. I see Broadstruck is starting to influence your buying habits. :applause:

Thanks !

Broadstruck is one of my favorite coin guys - and I guess hanging around him

for the last few years has influenced me somewhat - but I have always liked errors.

I picked up two newps at FUN - but I don't have images yet -

I'll add the HA images when I have a few moments. Neat stuff really.

I bid on and was TROUNCED BADLY on the Barber Dime Full REV Brockage

in an AU 58 holder - I was high bidder until it was pumped up to 10K - I dropped

out at half of that. If it were the OBV Full Brockage, I might have swung for it.

That's what a Roth IRA is for.

In the mean time - here are a few more newps I had imaged by Messydesk:

I'll stop here - as the rest are mostly Morgans - and I promised Chris I'd let him know when I was about to post them.

120112.jpg.d27aa5ee168290af54df21736334f88d.jpg

120113.jpg.671ace75b27ec8223f783b5f32a47cb7.jpg

120114.jpg.2aabd878ccd648f2655c772832524d36.jpg

120115.jpg.6a59811ba4afe395277c0a91f83c48f5.jpg

Edited by Elbesaar

Here's the most recent from FUN... these are HA's images...

56ab9801.jpg

244a1bf1.jpg

df22c9c8.jpg

EDIT:

While adding this coin to my PCGS inventory this image popped up... BONUS !!

6160225d.jpg

Edited by Elbesaar

Elbesaar, I love your Liberty Head Nickel errors. How do you suppose the last one came about (i.e. the odd composition resulted)?

I need to do some research - I would expect it was either a Cuban or Philippine

blank - but I plan of doing some digging soon.

Beautiful pickups everyone.

After only picking up that 1880cc GSA Morgan, I managed to pick up this 1879-o from Teletrade.

I also finally got a chance to image the 1892 Morgan that I won at the last Heritage auction here in NYC.

1879oteletrade.jpg

1892OBVW-vert.jpg