• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your most recent acquisition: US
8 8

20,909 posts in this topic

Not a bad price either. I hope it looks better in-hand as th only worry I would have is it looks really dark in some areas and don't wonder it it's gettin too toned. Still a nice one!

Nice CBH!!

Zboyle, it will be interesting to see that Peace dollar with better photos.

It looks like you got a real good deal.

Bob, that is an absolutely stunning Half!! (worship)

Here is my most recent acquisition. It's not a rare coin, or even a particularly high graded example, but it's a beauty nonetheless. This will take a spot in my US Type Set, Including Moderns. There appears to be a die crack prominent through star #3 and running along the left side through a couple other stars. The stars are all sharp except numbers 11, 12, and 13. Overall nice luster, with just a hint of patina/toning on the obverse.

114373.jpg.ce0c9fc700fb658df483e5e612dfc273.jpg

114374.jpg.8c3059bdd061c0790b73cbe3d796ae1f.jpg

Picked this up from Buffalo Head a month or so ago. Just got it back from getting a TrueView.

1812CBHtrueviewMed.jpg

Beautiful half. If that's the one I think it is, I tried buying it from him. I just couldn't offer enough for it.

I don't know if it's the same one or not. It was actually sold to someone else when I asked him about it, but they sent it back saying it didn't have enough luster. I don't know about you, but I'm not surprised to see a 200 year old AU53 coin not dripping in luster.

Bob, that is an absolutely stunning Half!! (worship)

Here is my most recent acquisition. It's not a rare coin, or even a particularly high graded example, but it's a beauty nonetheless. This will take a spot in my US Type Set, Including Moderns. There appears to be a die crack prominent through star #3 and running along the left side through a couple other stars. The stars are all sharp except numbers 11, 12, and 13. Overall nice luster, with just a hint of patina/toning on the obverse.

I thought that coin looked familiar, I got th e-mail to release it from my registry set, I will do that once I get home as it will not let me do it from my phone. I am glad to see that it went to a good home :)

It now has a green bean. Very nice in hand with an original satin finish and some light golden toning.

Dan, that is a gorgeous new coin! (thumbs u :popcorn:

It now has a green bean. Very nice in hand with an original satin finish and some light golden toning.

Dan, that is a gorgeous new coin! (thumbs u :popcorn:

Thank you sir!

end roll toned 1922-d peace. I love the dark toning, really unique and complex. The reverse is blast white with awesome luster . Both sides have very few contact marks and with the awesome luster it honestly looks like a MS65, it stand its ground when compared to my common date MS65's

114444.jpg.28f05b6f7def0b8df1438f4a7c3e4eb1.jpg

114445.jpg.d53328262573f5df9b9c00b0353fd99e.jpg

114446.jpg.c99ec9bb0a24edf2f5fd5eaba71c4f61.jpg

While my newest is not as high grade as the others that have been shown as of lately by others. I do find it interesting that what looks like a rim knock (1 o'clock position when looking at the obverse), it truely isnt a knock at all, but instead it looks like the symbol that was stamped onto the edge had been struck overly hard.

Not bad for paying $25 for this coin. Yes it appears to be cleaned and if lucky VG to Fine grade, but its another well circulated bust half that can reside next to the 1832 Small letters, lettered edge O-103 I already have. I have actually grown an enjoyment in the well circulated examples of this type of Half Dollar coin as you can only guess about who may have handled the coin and what it was used as payment for during its circulation life. But, no way to find that information out.

Pictures below dont show as much detail as the coin actually has, I'm still readjusting the settings of the camera to work with the homemade camera stand I had made.

DSCF0255.jpg

DSCF0256.jpg

This is a new addition to my Sacagawea set. I haven't seen this variant graded by NGC, but it is a part of the "Complete Set with Varieties" in the Registry Set ATS. This is about the highest grade I can afford of this one.

114537.jpg.f78e5b7e1f1c5dd1f1d28985b76d246f.jpg

Thanks, all. It was a shame my raw MS 65 came back as altered surfaces

in a Genuine Holder... made me a bit testy to say the least.

I went to Platinum Night in Chicago with my good friend Ponyexpress8

and I picked this up for the 1921 date set as well...

e0ab6572.jpg

64a217d8.jpg

aab9217e.jpga1ecb1cd.jpg

Man 1921 was a great year!!

And that wounded Eagle is very cool too.

Edited by nunfa0