• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your most recent acquisition: US
8 8

20,909 posts in this topic

Some very nice looking coins everyone! :applause: I particularly like Jason's CBH and Bob's Lincoln. (thumbs u (thumbs u

I've had this a few months. Just got around to taking some pictures. There are a couple of nice die breaks on the obverse. The largest runs from the 3 in the date, through the face, star above the head the into the rim. The other is not quite as noticeable . It looks like a pencil mark between the first 2 stars to the right of the date, goes through the hair bun and ends at the sixth star.

1837LCms66BNobv50.jpg

1837LCms66BNrev21.jpg

Hi everyone

I can not believe I won this album plus 22 State Mint quarters for $.99.

The seller was not happy to say the least.

I guess I am collecting State quarters now as well. lol

Alan

KGrHqYOKjoE3uFdBo-BOBm298s3w_3.jpg

KGrHqMOKisE31Ng7y0vBOBm3F7w_3.jpg

I've had this a few months. Just got around to taking some pictures. There are a couple of nice die breaks on the obverse. The largest runs from the 3 in the date, through the face, star above the head the into the rim. The other is not quite as noticeable . It looks like a pencil mark between the first 2 stars to the right of the date, goes through the hair bun and ends at the sixth star.

1837LCms66BNobv50.jpg

1837LCms66BNrev21.jpg

Bob, very nice!! I've got one of them except its die crack through Miss Liberty is different - different dies (?) (PS please excuse the typo in the image, I can't tell my centuries apart ;-):

1837lcNGCMS64reflblcomp.jpg

Very interesting HT. Thank you for posting yours. I would have to think that different dies were used. I have none of the die breaks that you have and visa versa.

That must have been quite a year for large cents. I wonder if any made it out of the mint without the die breaks. I just love these large cents. :cloud9:

PS. I love the 1847 Large Cent at your eBay store.

I'm seeing lots of beautiful coins here. You guys are buying up all the good ones it's no wonder I can't find any to buy.....Bueatiful stuff ...... :golfclap:

I'm seeing lots of beautiful coins here. You guys are buying up all the good ones it's no wonder I can't find any to buy.....Bueatiful stuff ...... :golfclap:

(thumbs u

Just got this in today from Dr Eugene Bruder. Adding it to my small but growing collection. It's a Fortin Variety 102 in AU.

1848-obverse-1016-x-1024.jpg

1848-reverse-1008-x-1024.jpg

I received this in a trade recently. Unfortunately, I haven't had time to send the coin off for proper imaging. It appears much more lustrous in hand, and the surfaces are cleaner than the images would suggest.

2555450_001o.jpg

2555450_001r.jpg

Edited by coinman_23885

Great new coins everyone, you guys have been busy while I have been on the beach in a tropical paradise!!

Anyone know what the grade on this SLQ might be??? It's raw, but has a nice look to it.

1930StandingLibquarterObv.jpg

1930StandingLibquarterRev.jpg

And a few toners from a whitman album...

1960WashieObv.jpg

1960WashieRev.jpg

1961dquartobv.jpg

1961dwasieRev.jpg