• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your most recent acquisition: US
8 8

20,909 posts in this topic

Absolutely gorgeous T-1, Joe. Are you leaving any out there for the rest of us????? I'd love to see all your buffs in one room. (worship)(worship)

I got REAL lucky with this one Bob. The seller couldn't take an image if his life was at stake, so I down loaded his image and made some ajustments, enough to see the coin, kinda, took a chance and bought it. Well here it is, not bad eh?

I'm not a Franklin guy, but I take a stab at the grade. The planchet is quite clean, especally the obverse, the toning is nice, eye appealing, the coin looks well struck, but I don't think it's full bell lines, but that could just be the lighting. All told I will guess MS-66 if the luster is full. Great looking coin, that part I'm sure of....

Edited by Buffalo Head

Elbesaar, looks like an attractive, clean 66. The luster on the 53S is almost always booming, and your strike appears much better than most. It is absolutely definitely not FBL, however (if it is, I'll eat my hat).

1924Buff012.jpg

1924Buff010-1.jpg

Here's one I picked up that has a nice strike, just a little weak around the date, and a nice over all look, at least I think so.....Not for everyone that's for sure.

Edited by Buffalo Head

Bought this coin raw almost 20 yrs ago - and sent it in for grading

a few months ago.

What do you think ?

ae63e31c.jpg0e4f64d9.jpg

I was hoping for a MS 66 - and yes, I never expected a FBL - its not

even close IMHO.

Here is the image I had taken at NGC :

1953-SHalfNGC65OBV.jpg

Edited by Elbesaar

Bobby, nice looking coins! :applause:

Joe, some sweet looking Buffernicks! :applause:

ES, I would have guessed MS66 no fbl also (from NGC). I'm guessing that in hand the nicks on the reverse, particularly at the bottom of the bell, are a little more noticeable than they appear in the image. Nice looking coin. :applause:

I got lucky tonight.

For those of you that live on the SF Peninsula (or maybe in San Jose too) that like coins, I highly recommend the Peninsula Coin Club. It meets the 2nd monday of each month in Palo Alto.

Normally there is a raffle at the end of the meeting, and for the December raffle they include some higher value items. Normally I'll kick in $5 to $10 per raffle, but tonight I bought $20 worth of tickets ($1 per ticket). Tonight I won a Mexican "1945" 2 Peso gold coin and a ~MS64-5 40% silver bicentennial Ike with some pleasant toning. I also won a ~MS65 40% silver 1972-S Ike for best "show and tell" item brought in (my short snorter set of signed bills for Gemini flights 3 - 12 and a Mercury 7 plus Bill Dana signed bill. Link ). It's always fun to win some silver and gold...

BTW, does anyone know what to multiply the face value of 40% silver to get the approximate melt value? Thank you!

Bobby, nice looking coins! :applause:

Joe, some sweet looking Buffernicks! :applause:

ES, I would have guessed MS66 no fbl also (from NGC). I'm guessing that in hand the nicks on the reverse, particularly at the bottom of the bell, are a little more noticeable than they appear in the image. Nice looking coin. :applause:

I got lucky tonight.

For those of you that live on the SF Peninsula (or maybe in San Jose too) that like coins, I highly recommend the Peninsula Coin Club. It meets the 2nd monday of each month in Palo Alto.

Normally there is a raffle at the end of the meeting, and for the December raffle they include some higher value items. Normally I'll kick in $5 to $10 per raffle, but tonight I bought $20 worth of tickets ($1 per ticket). Tonight I won a Mexican "1945" 2 Peso gold coin and a ~MS64-5 40% silver bicentennial Ike with some pleasant toning. I also won a ~MS65 40% silver 1972-S Ike for best "show and tell" item brought in (my short snorter set of signed bills for Gemini flights 3 - 12 and a Mercury 7 plus Bill Dana signed bill. Link ). It's always fun to win some silver and gold...

BTW, does anyone know what to multiply the face value of 40% silver to get the approximate melt value? Thank you!

Jackpot wins Sy. Congrats.!! here is a link for BTW. (thumbs u

http://www.coinnews.net/tools/automated-silver-coin-valuator/

Richard -

Nice montage of coins - I really like

the 1891-S Quarter - nicest one I have

seen. Been looking for one for my MS date

set - my Grandmother's birthyear set.

Thanks X2 & Jaime. I bought them from a local guy who had them on ebay. He got a few coins and paintings for a debt owed, if I'm right. I got them for about $20 each under numismedia prices. You're right Jaime, won't be long my set will be complete. Only 4 more to go to complete 1950 to date proof Jeffs.

I bought this coin over 20 years ago -

and finally broke down and had it certified.

I really don't collect Jeff's - but have always

appreciated the Keys to any series.

95f57418.jpg

Two more Jeffersons for the registry.

JeffersonNickel1947-SNGCMS67.jpg

JeffersonNickel1949-DNGCMS67StarwithLabel.jpg

I quoted my newps from a month ago for a reason. Look at the certification numbers.

JN1951-SNGCMS672.jpg

That must have been a hell of an album collection. I hope the seller has more and he is leaking them slowly.

And the parade from the album collection continues.

JN1947-DNGCMS665FSwLabel.jpg

A few more additions to the registry set:

JN1946-SNGCMS67wLabel.jpg

JN1947PCGSMS66wLabel.jpg

and finally one of the best struck war nickels I have ever seen.

JN1943-SNGCMS665FSwLabel.jpg

JN1943-SNGCMS665FSReverse.jpg

Enjoy!