• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your most recent acquisition: US
8 8

20,942 posts in this topic

Johnny,CD, and Bobby thanks for the compliments. The set resides in a Wayte Raymond holder and that Lexington just steals the attention from the rest of the collection. I don't know much about the so called half dollars but will begin researching them as they have piqued my curiosity. BTW I saw one like this on the bay listed for $199 !!!!

VERY attractive looking large cent there Bob!!! :applause: Given the die crack isn't that a Randall hoard one?

According to an article I read, around 14K large cents dating from 1816-1820 were found in a barrel not long after the Civil War. The majority of these were ultimately bought by John Randall at the rate of 90 cents on the dollar. Virtually all mintstate large cents that fall within those dates are from the Randall Hoard.

I'm assuming that my new pickup is part of the hoard.

Thanks for all the comments. I think these are so cool looking and am really happy to have found it. Even better that it was local and didn't have to camp out next to my mail box waiting for it. :whee:

VERY attractive looking large cent there Bob!!! :applause: Given the die crack isn't that a Randall hoard one?

According to an article I read, around 14K large cents dating from 1816-1820 were found in a barrel not long after the Civil War. The majority of these were ultimately bought by John Randall at the rate of 90 cents on the dollar. Virtually all mintstate large cents that fall within those dates are from the Randall Hoard.

I'm assuming that my new pickup is part of the hoard.

Thanks for all the comments. I think these are so cool looking and am really happy to have found it. Even better that it was local and didn't have to camp out next to my mail box waiting for it. :whee:

What kind of tent do you have? :kidaround:

Very nice, Bob! :applause:

Very Attractive Large cent you got there Bob!

Those are pretty cool and I found a handful at a local pawn shop for a great price once.

Congrats!

Well I just got this in from ebay. Kind of gambled on the pics but I got it for $20 less than numismedia. First the sellers pics and then mine. I covered the grade cause I have it in the "Spare a Grade forum" also.

B5FPiOg2kKGrHqMOKisEys53RYBMsThDrhlw_12.jpg

B5FPkNgCWkKGrHqUOKicEyY6FlIHIBMsThPm4Pw_12.jpg

1880sMorgan.jpg

Jamie,

That's one seriously respectable Roosie Registry Set!

Congrats on the 53 cameo up there.

OP

wow, a nice clean roosevelt dime schatsky. keep that one :)

Great pickup Jaime!! What a set of Roosie's you have. :cloud9:

Ditto my friend!

Thanks Guys!! I only have a few slots that need to upgraded to cameo or ultra cameo.

It just goes to show if you wait the coin you want will filling show up.

I am still waiting for a few of them to show up and none were auctioned in 2009 or 2010 so far.

My wife is a gymnastics coach.

I purchased this coin PF69 as a stocking stuffer.

Faster...

Higher....

Stronger....

OP

105382.jpg.3c12df3d92df05d05a4ac76a018a8da6.jpg

Edited by Old Pueblo

Jaime, very attractive looking Roosie! :applause:

Bobby, that is a sweet looking PL Morgan! Congrats! :applause:

Those are great additions Jaime and Bobby great looking PL. :applause: (thumbs u

OP that ought to take you off the "Honey Do" list (thumbs u

Edited by rrantique

Just added this to my newest SLQ collection...

1929-PSLQPCGS64FH.jpg

1929-PSLQPCGS64FHHolder.jpg

Sorry for the small images - seems as if all the Photobucket images

come out very small.

I'll try this as an attachment ...

105409.jpg.2a8fe3e064e21e28dba23fd3d7a09822.jpg

Well I finally got the 1952. 1952 is the only year with DCAM coins.

NGC and PCGS has never graded any dcam coins for 1952.

This one looks to have very nice mirrors.

195210C.jpg