• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your most recent acquisition: US
8 8

20,915 posts in this topic

Good looking Frankies guys. (thumbs u

The first toner I ever got specifically as a toner (~20 years ago) was a 1944D Mercury in a rattler PCGS MS66FB. I also liked the combo of '44 and D as D-day happened in 1944. The Merc is pretty tame by my present standards, but it's still an attractive coin. About 5 years ago at the SF ANA I stumbled upon a killer toned silver 1944D Jefferson in NGC MS66*5FS and figured it must mean something, so I got it, and decided to try and put together the '44-D set in toned MS66 condition. A couple years ago I found a nicely toned Walker in PCGS MS66.

It's always nice when you wait to find the right coin and you finally see it. This weekend past on fleaBay I managed to pick up the next coin for the set, an NGC MS66 Washington with quite nice toning (my best guess is it's album toning). I bought the coin because of the toning, and got it today and was pleasantly impressed technically. By whatever stroke of luck (and, of all things, patience) all 4 coins are not only nice toners, but IMO PQ examples for their technical grade (I suspect the Merc would upgrade). In the not too distant future I'll be sending out the Washington to be imaged and post it to the boards so you guys can see it.

Elbesaar, those SLQs are absolutely gorgeous...besides walkers SLQs are my favorite series and then seated coinage. Congrats! Those are just so exciting to look at and such nice coins!! Way to go! :applause:

Edited by Walkerfan

I have actually had this one for a couple of months... but it is one of my favorites in my Kennedy Half collection. Very hard to find, and not present in many registry sets (at least not in a 70). I was very fortunate to find this one, and at a bargain price to top it off!

15152806_obv.jpg

15152806_rev.jpg

-Jim

Great pickups everyone!!

I picked up this Walker for my type set. I am having a VERY difficult time imaging this one. The photos are of the same coin, but I can't seem to get the toning and the luster in the same pic. So, if you combine the colors in the top photo & the luster in the bottom, well then, that's how it looks in hand (sorry)

1943tonedwalkerNGCdiffusedandhalogen.jpg

Nice Walker. I just picked this dime up off of Ebay for about 1/2 what it sold for on Heritage back in 2006. It also sold at Heritage in 2005 for about what I just paid for it. Seems to get around a bit, huh? Couldn't resist.

103480.jpg.1091268980bc8e382d77f2894456989c.jpg

103484.jpg.e0898d26bdae7f2671221401290a8383.jpg

103485.jpg.8d014cd149355ff76eb42f9e43e7741a.jpg

Edited by jimbucks