• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your most recent acquisition: US
8 8

20,908 posts in this topic

Very nice Elbesaar. Man I could raise my post count pretty high if I commented on all the barbers you've posted. (thumbs u

Bob -

Your thread count is over 10K - and mine is just over 1K,

you comment on quite a few coins being shown.

BTW - I adjusted my name in your last post [ quote ].

I should have quite a few more posts coming as I just worked

out a major purchase of another Half Dollar collection. Different

grades from VF 20 to AU 55.

Hope you're doing okay.

Mike

Very nice Elbesaar. Man I could raise my post count pretty high if I commented on all the barbers you've posted. (thumbs u

Bob -

Your thread count is over 10K - and mine is just over 1K,

you comment on quite a few coins being shown.

BTW - I adjusted my name in your last post [ quote ].

I should have quite a few more posts coming as I just worked

out a major purchase of another Half Dollar collection. Different

grades from VF 20 to AU 55.

Hope you're doing okay.

Mike

Sorry, sometimes my fingers move faster than my mental spell check. lol

Here's a little teaser for the next thread I'm working on. I just purchased a mini-hoard of Franklin clips, and here is one of them. They are all nicely toned, they are all Uncirculated, and they are all in old white ANACS holders. This one is even more interesting in that it is a straight clip.

88721.jpg.dbcbf699dcee1452da7cbd518f39da86.jpg

88722.jpg.8d7e795ee1d1bc56b7cb982d61751aa9.jpg

How do they determine something like that to be a clip Jason? I'm not saying it's not, it's just I've seen prominent clips and I would've seen this coin for sale thinking it was post mint damage.

How do they determine something like that to be a clip Jason? I'm not saying it's not, it's just I've seen prominent clips and I would've seen this coin for sale thinking it was post mint damage.

All shall be explained soon. That's why this was a teaser... ;)

In brief, one of the best indicators is the area of weakness directly opposite, evident near the Y of Liberty.

Not sure David Hall would like it, but I love everything about it including the price which was under $400. First photo is Heritage, second is mine.

PeaceDollar1923NGCMS66.jpg

PeaceDollar1923NGCMS662.jpg

:cloud9:

Not sure David Hall would like it, but I love everything about it including the price which was under $400.

Nice addition Paul. (thumbs u

Edited by rrantique

Here's a little teaser for the next thread I'm working on. I just purchased a mini-hoard of Franklin clips, and here is one of them. They are all nicely toned, they are all Uncirculated, and they are all in old white ANACS holders. This one is even more interesting in that it is a straight clip.

I'm looking forward to your thread. I hope I didn't miss it (please post a link if I did). Thanks.

Not sure David Hall would like it, but I love everything about it including the price which was under $400. First photo is Heritage, second is mine.

PeaceDollar1923NGCMS66.jpg

PeaceDollar1923NGCMS662.jpg

:cloud9:

(thumbs u

On the way from CRO: :)

1921peaceobv.jpg

1921peacerev.jpg

I'm looking forward to your thread. I hope I didn't miss it (please post a link if I did). Thanks.

No, I'm hoping to get it up this weekend.

Some very fun stuff here, guys! :applause:

I finally got this in the mail today. It's just a little bigger (wider) than a quarter and 2 - 3 times as thick.

G10Certificate.jpg

G10Fliteline.jpg

G10FlitelineRev.jpg

My thread is now live: http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=3563436#Post3563436

Everything you ever wanted to know about clips, and then some!

I like it, Shane. (thumbs u Interesting combo... toner and cameo. Is there any toning on the reverse? I have never followed toned Franklin proofs, so I'm up in the air as to the toning, but my best guess if it's a one sided toner is that it was in an album.

This is perhaps the best example of a coin "better" than expected. The images on ebay were "muddy" and made me cautious with my bidding. I received the coin today and was very pleased with this PCGS ms64. The photo falls short of exhibiting the true luster.

88906.jpg.63fc722a357a030d2521ddeebf42db49.jpg

88907.jpg.0246284459d77b2f929f5eba37ecf911.jpg