• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your most recent acquisition: US
8 8

20,912 posts in this topic

Wow... really nice coins everyone!

I haven't been purchasing "coins" but did recently buy some BU Morgans for just over melt. When I was going through them I found this coin. Now I'm not a VAM guy... or even a Morgan guy but with the several die cracks and a cud I was curious and some others told me to check Vamworld. I did and found it easily.

This is a "2B III22 · C3a (Closed 9, Retained Cud NITED) (190) I-3 R-6". An R-6 Vam. I'm guessing that is a good thing. Here's a link to the web page that describes this particular VAM:

LINKY

Here's my pics...

2009-278-20-37-34-0-DSC_0101.JPG

2009-278-20-38-0-0-DSC_0103.JPG

Here's the detail shots that show the VAM characteristics...

2009-278-20-37-24-0-DSC_0098.JPG

2009-278-20-37-26-0-DSC_0100.JPG

It has another crack on the rev... partially shown here. It actually goes all the way over to the L in dollar...

2009-278-20-37-21-0-DSC_0105.JPG

Edited by texasrichard

I followed everyone's advice and bought the book before the coin, so now I've started to buy the coins to fill up the book!

87085.jpg.2a2c38db120a66d84f0970269c6ea752.jpg

87086.jpg.2bd7b1be297e508b8ee1988cbafb7ea4.jpg

Get a photobucket account. They will host your images free, although they do have a premium service that they do charge for. You'll be able to use any size files.

Photobucket.com

Are you suggesting that if I download the image from my hard drive I'm limited to 200K due to chat board rules? And that if I download from photobucket.com I can download a larger image?

Mogulman

Just remember that if you re-size your pics, that 800pixels is basically a good size for the forums. Anything larger and you will have people having to scroll from side to side to view the whole pic. 800 pix is a good size for fairly decent detail grading.

Shane- Love your new trime!! (thumbs u

Thanks Mark....lets see the Pr68 pattern trime with monster color you have waiting in the wings lol

(worship)

Edited by kryptonitecomics

Nice ms68FB Merc. dime!

But you have to be careful, as NGC graded a butt load of '40s ms68 merc dimes that were overgraded at best.