• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your most recent acquisition: US
8 8

20,912 posts in this topic

Nice Morgan...my '86.(not near as colorful)..has the same clash under the 'N' of IN and to the right of the left wing. Looks like she might have an 'N' clash on her neck too. If ya figure out what VAM it is..let me know... :wishluck: ...because I don't.. (shrug)

I bought my first Morgan, jgrinz 1889 in a rattler :D had to own at least one.. I'll see how I like it !

Sam, can you post some good pics up some time ;)

Picked this up from the boys at Coin Rarities Online last week. They are a real pleasure to deal with and they use Mark Goodman for their images so what you see is what you get (thumbs u

1855-proof-large-cent.jpg

Who needs coin museums when we have Boiler? I am still looking for the eye that popped out when I first looked at this beauty.

Signed Monocular!

Well here we go the last purchase till Jan.

I have been waiting for these for a long time!! :)

Only 6 graded in the UC Level at NGC $109.25

7826.jpg

Only 5 graded in the DCAM Level at PCGS $184

7827.jpg

So about a month ago I was at an antique shop in MA looking around on a cold Saturday. I spied a book of coins and flipped through the pages. There were some really worn barbers, lincolns and 2cent pieces, some highly corroded with PVC damage. So I flipped a few more pages and found a really dark 1858 Flying Eagle 1C piece in nice condition....for $18. Very little wear and it was my lucky day....it was on sale and I picked it up for $14. I took it out of the package and it was covered in a dark brown grease and it was UGLY. I packed it up and shipped it off to NCS for conservation and then to be graded. I just got the pics today and it graded AU 53. I was hoping for a bit higher, but not bad for about $50 total.

83974.jpg.18acc6a5210fc54cbaaf9bcee731fb6d.jpg

83975.jpg.ba48b7d68b00222bbf4d98273ee27765.jpg

So about a month ago I was at an antique shop in MA looking around on a cold Saturday. I spied a book of coins and flipped through the pages. There were some really worn barbers, lincolns and 2cent pieces, some highly corroded with PVC damage. So I flipped a few more pages and found a really dark 1858 Flying Eagle 1C piece in nice condition....for $18. Very little wear and it was my lucky day....it was on sale and I picked it up for $14. I took it out of the package and it was covered in a dark brown grease and it was UGLY. I packed it up and shipped it off to NCS for conservation and then to be graded. I just got the pics today and it graded AU 53. I was hoping for a bit higher, but not bad for about $50 total.

How about the I-wish-it-was-my-find" award! ^^

Howdy from the Old Pueblo

Hey Just Bob,

You got that coin for a steal! and most of brwnprkns items didn't do to well, at least with the ms67 dimes. doh!

Roosevelts that are not FT or FB seem to have cooled off considerably recently. Still, assuming Matt's pics are accurate, the Teletrade pics didn't do this particular coin justice. It's a great looking coin, with the only major flaw being the marks just below the flame, and I won it for much less than my high bid.

Sorry, Matthew. :sorry:

Way to go Lanc(Lance?). That FE is worth much more. Nice P/U Bob.

I took a chance on a fuzzy bay pic and got this MS66 in the mail today. (shrug)

And nice Washie there Fish!! (thumbs u