• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your most recent acquisition: US
8 8

20,909 posts in this topic

Went to the post office yesterday to pick up a package from Mark Feld.

As I walked in the clerk spoke out across the room. "Hey Larry you got another of those registered letters" The clerk is really a nice guy but I wanted to say something that was not very nice. I'll find a nice way to ask him not to do this on my next visit. The best part is that the coin is really cool. Can't wait to try taking my own images.

halfdollar1903.jpg

My first Morgan Proof. You cannot see from the pictures very well, but the colors are copper/bronze with a purple hue. Not cameo, but stunning in hand. Great price as well; only $885.

100_4448.jpg

100_4450.jpg

100_44488.jpg

100_44500.jpg

halfdollar1903.jpg

Wow Larry, that's a dynamite Barber Half. :o I can't wait till you post your images.

Jake, beautiful Morgan. I hope to get a proof one day.

I think you did real good Bobby. Are PL's very rare? I wouldn't think there would be all that many.

Still another nice Barber Mike. Pretty soon you're going to have them all. :baiting:

halfdollar1903.jpg

Wow Larry, that's a dynamite Barber Half. :o I can't wait till you post your images.

Jake, beautiful Morgan. I hope to get a proof one day.

I think you did real good Bobby. Are PL's very rare? I wouldn't think there would be all that many.

Still another nice Barber Mike. Pretty soon you're going to have them all. :baiting:

Agreed, very nice all of them; we are all lucky to get the coins that we have. Thanks for the comments from all.

I'm not too sure. I know these came out of the 2000 melinium set that also contained the SAE, and a 2000 series $1 note. I think, I may be wrong, that these sets were limited to 75,000.

Thanks Dean, Jason and Irvin. Sure like that proof buff Larry. The new holders are growing on me.

See Jason beauty is in the eye of the beholder. :o

Thanks Dean, Jason and Irvin. Sure like that proof buff Larry. The new holders are growing on me.

See Jason beauty is in the eye of the beholder. :o

To each his own, I suppose. I know I won't buy one!

Here's my latest.Not my pics,and it hasn't arrived yet.I hope thephotos aren't too juiced.But, it looks like a great strike at the least. Didn't have any 88's 'til now.

72516.jpg.9339a8bd308b10189ac62d2605bfb132.jpg

72517.jpg.e4b9c9de06144c24f4ec2d654e6f25b3.jpg

Cool CBH. What's going on with the 2. Looks like an overdate or repunched ?

prudden I just took another image to show the date better.

I had noticed what looked to me some die erosion and also a die gouge below the last star.

DSCN3511cr.jpg