• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your most recent acquisition: US
8 8

20,909 posts in this topic

Nice finds you lot..

It has been very quiet over hear at the moment with nothing of any interest on eBay.. well or i am getting better at spotting trash.. i have also been saving up for a local coin sale..

I have just won these though from a UK auction house.. i still do not have them in the hand yet so what do you think of the sellers photos ? hm

503.jpg

510.jpg

Picked up on feebay for like $7 including shipping. I enjoy the rim toning on these proofs but was wondering if these ANACS slabs contribute or cause this type of toning? I own others with similar toning in the same slabs. Plus seen similar toning all in old ANACS slabs.... hm

IMG_0581.jpg

62PF66.jpg

62PFrev.jpg

$7 sounds really good to me.

Dwaine, nice Lincoln proof, and a fun group of coins from 1940 :applause:

Mike, that is an attractive Trade dollar. :applause:

Paul, that is an attractive TJ toner. :applause:

123cents, good looking large cent. (thumbs u

Rev, good going on the '56 Frankie, :applause: and a nice Merc.

Bobby that is a good looking TJ proof. Congrats. :applause:

WJ, that's a fun pocket piece Peace. (thumbs u

Larry, oooh, that is a gorgeous SLQ! :golfclap:

Rey, I really like the look of that piece. :applause:

Jon, fun toner Washie proof. :applause:

Dooly, nice looking IHC and Barber. :applause:

Shane, that's a sweet SLD. :applause:

I really just don't know how I can image it to make the obverse of this coin look worse. It's actually pretty darn impressive in hand (IMO). It looks to have a pretty darn good strike with full skirt lines over the entire coin.

The Reverse is pristine except for this thin curved line of black material that runs from 5:30 to 9:00. The light has to be on the coin in just the right way or you're not really going to notice it.

The coin is holdered MS64.

62459.jpg.f13f35e58973ea120c6b47870a970ee3.jpg

62460.jpg.829eb0884180d7c6f0ed6e6acab774b6.jpg

I picked this up today with the Walking Liberty at a small local coin show. NGC MS 65. One of the few Peace dollars that I've found that I like.

62461.jpg.fc6dc4ab326d4ac354d60f797922d41b.jpg

62462.jpg.2c2687deeb8f11a70efdecf32fbb89ff.jpg

I like the walker, I've been putting together a birthyear set for my parents, and that would fit well with my dad's set, nice pick-up!

~The Reverse is pristine except for this thin curved line of black material that runs from 5:30 to 9:00. The light has to be on the coin in just the right way or you're not really going to notice it.~

I have a 1941-P Walker that has faint black lines running along a few of the rays on the obverse sun burst. I have no idea what this black stuff is other than it looks like carbon, but that makes no sense?

Nice looking Walker though, that's what you call a "blazer"

~The Reverse is pristine except for this thin curved line of black material that runs from 5:30 to 9:00. The light has to be on the coin in just the right way or you're not really going to notice it.~

I have a 1941-P Walker that has faint black lines running along a few of the rays on the obverse sun burst. I have no idea what this black stuff is other than it looks like carbon, but that makes no sense?

Nice looking Walker though, that's what you call a "blazer"

hm It would be interesting to find out if it had anything to do with them both being 1941s.

Thanks!

Edited by Revenant

recent040.jpg

recent031.jpg

hmm I find this Morgan quite strange as when the binion collection was graded a while ago ( As denoted by the 6 digit serial number ) I didn't think the "STAR" designation was available at the time. Anyone else have a BINION with a Star and a 6 digit serial number ??

No star on my binion, but I do have a really old star slab which is kind of a new acquisition, within the last month. It is so old, the star is not even bold

MorganDollar1887NGCMS63Binion348-2.jpgJeffersonNickel1941NGCMS67Star12-4.jpg

Gosh I love this thing. Purchased from mark feld. It has beautiful semi PL surfaces and CAC stickered. (green)

2_5g1834c.jpg

I also like it because it is my oldest coin that I have, by 1 year. My other oldest is a capped bust dime, 1835.

Beat it by 1 year! Hah! :D