• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your most recent acquisition: US
8 8

20,901 posts in this topic

Thanks Bobby, the '95-O is a pretty scarce issue of eagle as is he Florin these days.

Nice Franky, Shane.

Edited by Oldtrader3

My latest pickup is a sad one. It is a fantastically textile toned Morgan Dollar that came from Anaconda's inventory in the latest Hertiage Auction. Sad, because it might be the last coin I get from Anaconda.

MorganDollar1887NGCMS65130133-005.jpgMorganDollar1887NGCMS65130133-005Ob.jpg

Here's the newest one for the 1932 Mint Set. Here's what the seller had to say about it:

In an old, thick style NGC holder, this coin along with the others I am currently selling belong to my boss who has had them in his collection since they were certified over 15 years ago. Prior to being graded they were housed in manila envelopes and thus the various levels of toning. This one is particularly attractive thanks to light lavender, yellow-gold and rose color throughout, all on top of roll fresh luster and rock solid MS-65 surfaces which look as good as many MS-66’s. A very nice gem example of this popular first year issue.

I look forward to seeing it.

61704-1932WAQNGC65.jpg.92083086d4f38c27e563d89e9e347681.jpg

61705-1932WAQslab.jpg.d651afa7ac2b75c52f1d923c63c2e032.jpg

Great coins all!

I just picked up these two yesterday. I've wanted the Connecticut coin for quite some time now and I think I got one with a very nice strike and good luster. I also got quite a nice Wisconsin coin. The fields on the coin look quite clean and again the strike is awesome.

Here you go:

61747-1935ConnecticutCharterOakObverseWeb.JPG.2f57184948114f7fd842ab56378c2810.JPG

61748-1935ConnecticutCharterOakReverseWeb.JPG.239265e09af209698619c59837a3f542.JPG

61749-1936WisconsinTerritorialCentennialObverse.JPG.9f6c327acfa57b840fff26214f5bd7c3.JPG

61750-1936WisconsinTerritorialCentennialReverse.JPG.ac1e2b13416bd7e5b2e798d2170d70b1.JPG

Nice coin Revenant! I had my eye on that one, but I bought the more budget friendly 1943 NGC 66. I wouldn't be surprised if that 32 could be upgraded. These old holders are the best canidates for that. :grin:

1943WAQNGC66.jpg

Nice coin Revenant! I had my eye on that one, but I bought the more budget friendly 1943 NGC 66. I wouldn't be surprised if that 32 could be upgraded. These old holders are the best canidates for that. :grin:

OMG! I thought about going after that 1943 too! I just decided not to bid at the last minute though (afterall, I'd taken the 1932). You were right not to go for the 1932 though; I had bid high enough that anyone wanting to get it from me would have paid a very high price. ;)

The potential for an upgrade had occured to me, but that call is ultimately going to belong to my step-father (I buy the coins and immediately resell them at cost to him). I've made him aware of the potential and the difference in value it could mean for the coin if we could get it in an MS66 holder. I'll make up my mind as to whether it's worth trying once I have the coin in hand and keep on him about it if I think it's a good candidate for upgrade.

Nice commems stgecko, I've always liked the eagle on the reverse of that Connecticut, very reminiscent of the Indian eagle!

OMG! I thought about going after that 1943 too! I just decided not to bid at the last minute though (afterall, I'd taken the 1932). You were right not to go for the 1932 though; I had bid high enough that anyone wanting to get it from me would have paid a very high price. ;)

The potential for an upgrade had occured to me, but that call is ultimately going to belong to my step-father (I buy the coins and immediately resell them at cost to him). I've made him aware of the potential and the difference in value it could mean for the coin if we could get it in an MS66 holder. I'll make up my mind as to whether it's worth trying once I have the coin in hand and keep on him about it if I think it's a good candidate for upgrade.

Plus the scans of the sellers coins weren't good by any means in showing the color and luster. I think you will be surprised when you get it in hand! :D

Of course the upgrade is very subjective, I know the odds are in your favor over a new slab. But you will have to make that decision when it's in your hand. The older slabs in the early 90s and late 80s were graded much stricter because of the coin market at that time. There's a great article that explains this well, which is the Interview with Mr. Albanese under Numismatic Tangents.

That is the current Coat of Arms for Cuba. As far as customs, I am not familiar with the requirements, prohibitions, but it was purchased from an individual here in the states. (wish there would have been a cigar included though, always wanted to try one) :sick:

Rey

Here's the newest one for the 1932 Mint Set. Here's what the seller had to say about it:

In an old, thick style NGC holder, this coin along with the others I am currently selling belong to my boss who has had them in his collection since they were certified over 15 years ago. Prior to being graded they were housed in manila envelopes and thus the various levels of toning. This one is particularly attractive thanks to light lavender, yellow-gold and rose color throughout, all on top of roll fresh luster and rock solid MS-65 surfaces which look as good as many MS-66’s. A very nice gem example of this popular first year issue.

I look forward to seeing it.

I would not touch this quarter. Leave it in the holder. It will not make MS66 if you ask me based on the photos. Nice coins btw! 32 S is very nice!

I would not touch this quarter. Leave it in the holder. It will not make MS66 if you ask me based on the photos. Nice coins btw! 32 S is very nice!

Thanks! Now if I can just find a 1932-D that I like then I'll be great (with a #1 registry set).

Rey, nice Iowa, and a fun Edison. (thumbs u

Jtryka, that's a nice pile of circ silver... always fun to have a pile of rare stuff that rings properly! :applause: Nice Saint, too. (thumbs u

OT3, some very attractive gold there, and I particularly like the Florin. :applause:

Dwaine, good looking Washie and assortment of Rattlers. (thumbs u

SteveinNebr, fun Morgans and Lincolns. (thumbs u

Ant, nice group of tokens/coins. I quite like the looks of those tokens. :applause:

Rev, nice assortment of coins there. That fattie Washie looks like it has some attractive subtle toning to it. (thumbs u

Shane, fun Frankie. (thumbs u

Paul, textile is always cool for adding cachet to a Morgan toner. :applause:

Stgecko, nice Commems. I particularly like the CT. (thumbs u

Jon, good looking Washie. (thumbs u

Murty, that's a fun DDO IHC you've got there. :applause:

123cents, nice looking CBQ. (thumbs u

Rey, nice Iowa, and a fun Edison. (thumbs u

Jtryka, that's a nice pile of circ silver... always fun to have a pile of rare stuff that rings properly! :applause: Nice Saint, too. (thumbs u

OT3, some very attractive gold there, and I particularly like the Florin. :applause:

Dwaine, good looking Washie and assortment of Rattlers. (thumbs u

SteveinNebr, fun Morgans and Lincolns. (thumbs u

Ant, nice group of tokens/coins. I quite like the looks of those tokens. :applause:

Rev, nice assortment of coins there. That fattie Washie looks like it has some attractive subtle toning to it. (thumbs u

Shane, fun Frankie. (thumbs u

Paul, textile is always cool for adding cachet to a Morgan toner. :applause:

Stgecko, nice Commems. I particularly like the CT. (thumbs u

Jon, good looking Washie. (thumbs u

Murty, that's a fun DDO IHC you've got there. :applause:

123cents, nice looking CBQ. (thumbs u

Like Sky said great pick up's all (thumbs u

I ordered the NGC MS63. The PCGS AU58 was a freebie for making me wait a week while the coin sat in the girlfriend's truck. lol Not a bad trade-off really.

61942-MS63Obverse.JPG.6e74ac34c85a9f742cb9a53b60eb52ee.JPG

61943-AU58Obverse.JPG.c180fef20ab40564ed297dff2dd07377.JPG

I convinced my step-father to get this for a side set we're thinking about building. It's partially just for bragging rights and as a conversation piece. It's currently the ONLY 1989 Lincoln cent to receive a STAR in any grade (God knows why). Maybe once I have it in hand I'll know why it was favored above all it's comrades. Any guesses?

61944-NGC3077766-001.jpg.d55186a2727f7f63b98b3b7d394d5fa6.jpg

61945-NGC3077766-001A.jpg.43d8c2b1e541185c3e9baa4f99d54840.jpg