• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your most recent acquisition: US
8 8

20,912 posts in this topic

Wow, some great coins posted by you guys recently!!!

Here's the newest addition to my type set (ex:RYK/SageRad):

medium.jpgmedium.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

In my opinion a touch overgraded in a PCGS AU 58 slab, but with "the look" that I love in old gold -- yellow/orange gold and with some crust...Mike

What is the difference between a type 1 and type 2?

A few images tell it better than I could describe it:

Type 1:

medium.jpgmedium.jpg

Type 2:

medium.jpgmedium.jpg

Type 3:

medium.jpgmedium.jpg

Hope this helps...Mike

p.s. thanks for the kind words. :)

Dwaine, those are some high quality, appealing type coins. I'm impressed! You've been busy it looks like and they don't necessarily come cheap. :cloud9:

Bill, with that 1829 gold, I think that you may belong in the TDN and Boiler click. :grin:

I especially like the A&R's quarter. I've seen very few that really appeal to me even in 65 but your's does the trick.

Mike. Great gold! Man, talk about crunchy...

Thanks all for the kind words. Bob that is a beautiful Lincoln.

Mike love the gold dollars as well.

Edited by Dwaine

Mike - I especially like the 1889 Gold Dollar - doesn't that coin have a history -

ie: the coin was lost or stolen ?

Here's an addition to my 1898 Date Set from Mike Printz of Whitlow's.

Its in a PCGS 65 holder.

51324-1898dimePCGS65obv.jpg.e10022456d92c89f9cb86cf8ec22d08c.jpg

51325-1898dimePCGS65rev.jpg.e6a4aeda65bf07f9350aae55db14f4b6.jpg

Hope somebody can help me on this. I had a Morgan dollar in a slab and after reading an article in Coin World thought it might be a 229 Vam and I knew NGC did not list the Vam.

NGC had it as a AU58 but I sent it in anyway. The breast feathers on the reverse look a lot better then some I have in MS62. I can't figure out how to enlarge the image so don't know if you can see it. In order to get the scan down to 120 K for the Registry here I had to do it at 75 PPI. I did this one at 300 PPI. May be it isn't the PPI that is the problem to get the picture bigger. I am new at this and am doing good to get the URL for the images here.

Also I thought people might like to see the new ANACS Holder

What can anybody tell me about the VAM 222 on this Variety etc.

http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj194/CHABSENTIA/1878REV.jpg

http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj194/CHABSENTIA/1878OBV.jpg

Mike - I especially like the 1889 Gold Dollar - doesn't that coin have a history -

Yes, the coin does have some history. Incidentally, it's my icon coin.

For those that don't recall. I purchased the coin on eBay, gave it to my local dealer to be submitted to NGC, and the dealer misplaced the coin, replaced it with a PCGS 64, then found the coin and we traded back. Took about 6 months, but I finally got the coin back (if not certified -- it is still raw)...Mike

Thanks. I already looked it up in VAM World and saw that .It also stated that the 222 Vam was revised from 176 or 178 and some other numbers.

I am not that familar with Vams. What does all this mean as far as rarity is concerened etc.

Again thanks for the reply.

Yes, the coin does have some history. Incidentally, it's my icon coin.

For those that don't recall. I purchased the coin on eBay, gave it to my local dealer to be submitted to NGC, and the dealer misplaced the coin, replaced it with a PCGS 64, then found the coin and we traded back. Took about 6 months, but I finally got the coin back (if not certified -- it is still raw)...Mike

I remember you were inconsolable when the coin was lost - and am

very happy for you that it all worked out for the better.

So, the PL coin never made it to NGC for encapsulation, huh ?

I remembered the date - as I have a MS & PR set from 1889.

Haven't been on these boards for a bit, so too many coins to mention every one. However, all coins posted here are MIGHTY nice!!! Congrats everybody!!! (thumbs u :applause::golfclap:

Bob, that green Abe is a JOY!!!