• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your most recent acquisition: US
8 8

20,909 posts in this topic

new to these boards,

1839pie.jpg

Maybe after you hang out here a while you will learn and be able to buy coins that aren't broken. :devil:

Seriously, that's a cool coin. And I see you aren't really new here, you just don't bother to cross the street much. But feel free to post some more of your dimes over here any time.

Yep, I love that series, Jeff!! <3 It is still undervalued even though prices have risen 75% in the last two years.

Welcome to the boards. You may be new to this, but I can see, after looking at your registry set, you're not new to collecting. You have a very impressive seated dime set that would make anyone envious. Absolutely beautiful. (worship)(worship)

Yep, I love that series, Jeff!! <3 It is still undervalued even though prices have risen 75% in the last two years.

I figured I'd have one admirer! This is now my earliest gold, surpassing the 1835 and 1836 half eagles I have. Two more and I have a complete date set of the series! You know I remember buying 2 sea salvaged 1836 half eagles, AU details, net XF by ANACS from Heritage in 2000 or so, paid $430 for the paid and sold off the lesser one on eBay for close to $300. so net the other one I paid less than current melt for! I am not sure whether to be happy for my profit or sad at the devaluation of the rest of my dollars!

Edited by jtryka

new to these boards,

1839pie.jpg

Well, I had to look this one up in Greer's Complete Guide. The book was published in 1992 and states that only two of these are known, one in AU and one in Good. The AU coin is apparently the one imaged in the book. Is this the Good coin mentioned in the book or have others been found since the publication date?

Like those kennedys and the Jefferson there Richard. That Qtr, I don't know, I bet I would've stuck that in a coke machine by accident. Never seen that type of error and still can't make it out. Pretty cool tho'.!

I don't like that Lincoln Lee.......at least that image of it :devil:

Reimage it and let us see how it really looks in hand :banana:

Here ya go: :)

DSCN4682A.jpg

DSCN4682.jpg

DSCN4683.jpg

my two new Walkers...a 1943-D MS66 and a 1939 Proof...still working on improving my pics..

47501-MVC-401S.JPG.5e41628c484a1988cb6aeaa0faf33337.JPG

47502-MVC-402S.JPG.e76cb5f30b6e3d5de152cf7c05f66f92.JPG

47505-MVC-405S.JPG.79ebdfebce4535d22143fc91b030579c.JPG

47506-MVC-406S.JPG.ee71821bb897ca7966c7cc6f5114fc34.JPG

Edited by jackson64

if I ever quit spending all of my money on coins as quickly as I earn it, I might have some funds to improve my photo set up...right now I am just using a sony mavica and my halogen ring viewing lamp.....tough to get details and proper color this way (shrug)

Edited by jackson64

The pics appear slightly fuzzy.....do you have a tripod of some sorts to try to help with this....I am assuming you are holding the coin in hand? How about macro on your camera....looks like you do but if not then that would explain the sligh fuzziness.....

Lastly you lighting set up can be extremely cheap but still be effective....doesn't look like you are getting enough light on the coins to me. I went to target years back and got a few cheap ($5.99) gooseneck lamps and then put GE reveal bulbs in them and you can get plenty of light on the coins using this and other methods (thumbs u

Ultimately the problem may be your camera but that's hard to assess as I am not familar with that model.....how many megapixels?