• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your most recent acquisition: US
8 8

20,910 posts in this topic

I picked up these two at a local show in Michigan today, the first was just calling to me (maybe it was the dearth of nice bust halves there today):

1817p50cobv.JPG

1817p50crev.JPG

This second one was e-gads, a MODERN!!!! It was in a bargain bin and I couldn't resist, sort of like a kid and candy in the check-out aisle!

1976s1dobv.JPG

1976s1drev.JPG

This 64 Washington Quarter came out of a after market P mint set.

Clipboardnkjk.jpg

48f7_1_b.jpg

The 39 Walker I posted the other day but I didn't like the images.

19390tt3.jpg

Really like the Washington Quarter and the Walker, great toning and eye appeal. Excellent acquisitions.

thumbsup2.gif

Rey

Really like the Washington Quarter and the Walker, great toning and eye appeal. Excellent acquisitions.

thumbsup2.gif

Rey

Couldn't have said it any better thumbsup2.gif

Got some nice flow lines on that Mike. What is that in front and under Miss Liberty's chin? Is that maybe a die clash? Pretty coin. I like it. thumbsup2.gif

Got some nice flow lines on that Mike. What is that in front and under Miss Liberty's chin? Is that maybe a die clash? Pretty coin. I like it. thumbsup2.gif

I think so - I tried to get a picture of it but my batteries ran low. Are Die clashes common on these - someone also said the tail OFF the "2" was a known

error ???

I would hope some of the bust experts would know. Certainly not me. But there definately appears that something is going on. Very interesting. I wouldn't care if it was AT either. 893applaud-thumb.gif

I believe this is from a clashmark from the reverse Eagle's wing upside-down that's been lapped out, producing this effect, fairly often seen.

Nice coins all thumbsup2.gif

this came from the USA today "unopened from the mint" 893scratchchin-thumb.gifShall i open it? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif could there be someting intresting inside ???893scratchchin-thumb.gifbumpit.gif

1786625-71.jpgmakepoint.gif

1786625-71.jpg.e224ddab4684b8d9b606fbba8a16cbad.jpg

Edited by dooly

Shall i open it?

Yes!! smile.gif

Medal 1861 B-279B Bronze Mint Allegiance

Superb Gem in appearance with attractive brick colored surfaces. Well struck. this medal was designed by Anthony C. Paquet and minted at the Philadelphia Mint to commemorate the requirement that all mint personnel swear an oath of allegiance to the constitution. This was completed about five weeks folowing the Union defeat at the first battle of Bull Run on July 21, 1861. The obverse displays an undraped bust right portrait of Washington while the reverse has the legend within an olive branch wreath. This medal was issued in 1861 in silver, copper, bronze aluminum, and yellow metal.

1861mintmedal2.jpg

Shall i open it?

Yes!! :

Wahhay been waiting for some one to say that acclaim.gif

thanks leeg

love the Medal stunning condition

right lets open that sucker thumbsup2.gif

Irvin- That image is great, proofs give me a fit, very beautiful coin.

Mike - That is a nice 1832, the characteristics of it are unique looking.

Dooley - If you open it you will just have to figure out what grades you think you have on this one. Send it to me so you don't have to be bothered.

Here are four new coins I acquired going through my folk's filing cabinets this weekend. Came upon some nice surprises here and there, but these four were together. Apparently because the mintmarks were off a little from each other, not too unusual as far as I know but the Full Split Bands I like.

Rey

1945DMercuryObv.jpg

1945DMercuryRev.jpg

confused.gif to late rey its open 27_laughing.gif

love the coins you are a lucky lucky man to have suck nice "folks" thumbsup2.gif

Mike I love the beautiful Bust Half. thumbsup2.gif

Lee That is a superb medal hail.gif

Rey those Mercs with FSB's look stunning cloud9.gif

Wayne don't keep us in suspense 27_laughing.gifshy.gif Let's see em yay.gif

Hi all hi.gif

apart from a "HUGE" box of goody's from Chad (which i am going through at the moment)

this came today

1787997-5cc.jpg

a nice reverse hub IIa paper Shield nickel 893whatthe.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

So the card should date from 1867-1869 or even 1870 (said to exist) 27_laughing.gif

1787997-5ct.jpg

1787997-%24.jpg

893scratchchin-thumb.gif i wonder if the card graders would slab it for me 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

1787997-5ct.jpg.d91701b26e829621c4284a76cf2bd36c.jpg

Edited by dooly

A new addition I am acquiring from a fellow member on here. Just wanted to share, 1819/8 Large Cent. 893applaud-thumb.gif

Thanks Zach, thumbsup2.gif

Rey

1819o.jpg

1819r.jpg