• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your most recent acquisition: US
8 8

20,913 posts in this topic

The standards for clad Washington quarters are different than those for the silver issues, and your 1972-D has the feel of a coin that was obtained from a US Mint Set. These quite often grade MS66, but may not look as nice as a silver MS65 Washington.

Quick shots or not, those other three are great looking coins as well. thumbsup2.gif

It seems you picked up a nice set of five new additions there, must have been in the market for S Mint Mark?

My 37 S and 39 S are in for grading with some others (the ones missing from the holder). ( I look at your set on line for inspiration!!!!)

Again, very nice quarter dollars there. 893applaud-thumb.gif

Rey

Thanks for the praise. 4 S mint marks and 1 D. These are just coins I needed for my set! 2 Upgrades and 3 new ones. I really need to get the images all fixed up and stuff on my set display online. I am down to 3 coins left 32 S, 35 D, and 36 D, plus a 32 D upgrade. This set is a keeper for sure. I will more than likely complete this set and begin work on a 2nd set. Well I already have. I have quite a few coins for a 2nd set. The 2nd set will not be as good as the first one, but I would like mainly MS coins. I will also work on the 3rd set, of raw Circ coins. About VF 20 or so. All original looking pieces. Fun stuff!

1 of my most recent coins. its not the gr8est but for a small trade i like it. traded a single slab for a handfull of goodies smile.gif

1976-76obv.jpg

1976-76rev.jpg

Edited by ant

1 of my most recent coins. even tho its not a us coin i figure folks might like it like i do due to the obv and rev designs smile.gif they r of us designs and a fab design at that smile.gif

2000liberiaobv.jpg

Hey ANT .. I have a couple of those smile.gif .. just for your information - they type ONE reverse looks like this withthe same Morgan Obverse

1758237-type1.jpg

1758237-type1.jpg.ec581d70ea6417ed76ae29869fb922be.jpg

The standards for clad Washington quarters are different than those for the silver issues, and your 1972-D has the feel of a coin that was obtained from a US Mint Set. These quite often grade MS66, but may not look as nice as a silver MS65 Washington.

I don't remember where I got the clad quarter from but I'm almost positive I would have never cut one out of a mint set to stick in my album. Most were just ones found in circulation or fresh from the bank.

It took awhile this morning but I found my '46-D quarter and took a couple of quick shots. The OBV turned out a little darker than it is but you can get a good idea of what its like. The REV is right on as far as color. I still don't think its as nice as the others posted:

02522990-04202007001.jpg

18816876-04202007003.jpg

42749855-04202007005.jpg

I also found a Buffalo Nickel that I'd forgot about stored with the '46-D quarter. These NGC slabs don't fit in my PCGS boxes and I'd stuck them in another spot. I better look around more to see what else I might have..... crazy.gif

23999561-04202007007.jpg

786961050-04202007008.jpg

10187374-04202007010.jpg

The 34 S Peace Dollar posted yesterday came back as Cleaned. foreheadslap.gif

With all of the chatter on it I am surprised one could tell whether it had been or not, oh well............ confused-smiley-013.gif

The 1921 Peace came back as Reverse Damage. Here is a pic, is this typically all it takes for NGC to BB based on this extent of damage? Just curious for future benefit.

The good news is that the 27 D and 35 S 3 Ray Peace Dollars came back as MS 62 and MS 64 respectively. Wasn't expecting the 64 so that kind of makes up for the two bad ones. cool.gif

Rey

1921RevDamage.jpg

With all of the chatter on it I am surprised one could tell whether it had been or not, oh well............ confused-smiley-013.gif

The 1921 Peace came back as Reverse Damage. Here is a pic, is this typically all it takes for NGC to BB based on this extent of damage? Just curious for future benefit.

The good news is that the 27 D and 35 S 3 Ray Peace Dollars came back as MS 62 and MS 64 respectively. Wasn't expecting the 64 so that kind of makes up for the two bad ones.

To bad about your 34 S and the 21. frown.gif Was the reverse damage they were referring to the hits on the letters or something else?

Great scores on the 27 D and 35 S. 893applaud-thumb.gif

The good news is that the 27 D and 35 S 3 Ray Peace Dollars came back as MS 62 and MS 64 respectively. Wasn't expecting the 64 so that kind of makes up for the two bad ones. cool.gif

Rey

1921RevDamage.jpg

Sorry to hear about the BB's

i have had a worse time only 4 of 10 i have sent off have been graded 893whatthe.gif

and worst of all the 1828 50c no knob which i bought at a local coin auction is comeing back as cleaned XF details foreheadslap.gif it seemed to have a lovley tone in the hand... I is gutted as it seemed at least AU to me

anyway i have just picked this up of eBay. it looks very nice to me what do you all think 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

1758998-603c_1.jpg1758998-6111_1.jpg

hi.gif

1758998-6111_1.jpg.54be9ce32c52c0d7367656383291ff79.jpg

Edited by dooly

The hits on the reverse is all i can think of. I will look at it closely when it comes back in the mail. It just surprised me if that was it.

Thanks,

Rey

1 of my most recent coins. even tho its not a us coin i figure folks might like it like i do due to the obv and rev designs smile.gif they r of us designs and a fab design at that smile.gif

2000liberiaobv.jpg

Hey ANT .. I have a couple of those smile.gif .. just for your information - they type ONE reverse looks like this withthe same Morgan Obverse

1758237-type1.jpg

ok thats a hot coin where can i find 1?

No photos, but I got a 1909 Wheatie in change at the McDonald's drive thru this morning!!!

AWESOME!

I was cleaning up around the house, and I found TWO 1909 wheaties (both in flips, no less) laying around. One in the kitchen, and one under the couch. I need to keep better care of my wheaties!