• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your most recent acquisition: US
8 8

20,909 posts in this topic

Cindy be very carefull with coins like that. They will swallow you up before you know it. That fever catches you quickly. Thats a killer 1913. Good luck with a 1911, the key to the series. If you like the artwork on that coin maybe you should try for a few older Mexican Pesos. Those are fun if you ask me. Putting a set of those together would be really neat.

1884zs.jpg

That is an 1884 from Zs or Zacatecas, a state in Mexico. That coin has it all if you ask me and it did not cost me an arm and a leg.

Thanks for the comment, Bruce, on the Caballito. I have been looking for coins with nice images of horses on them, and when I saw some of these on Ebay, I started watching them. This was by far the nicest, and I guess it "swallowed me up", as you say. I wanted it. I don't feel bad about what I paid, because I am pleased with the coin in hand and it will be a keeper for me. It will be a while before I go that route again, though. Back to being patient and careful. I will check out the other Pesos you mentioned. Hope you had a great birthday! hi.gif

Cindy, that Caballito is a VERY cool coin! Me likey a whole bunch! 893applaud-thumb.gif

Rey, while I'm not a big fan of tiny coins, that's a pretty 1/2 dime. thumbsup2.gif

Bruce, sweet looking peso! Good looking toning on that one. thumbsup2.gif

2,500 yay.gif

Ah Lou…I saw your name and came to this thread to see nice Shield nickel and all I got was a dancing banana yeahok.gif

Yes, Winston, I was quite relieved, too. insane.gif

2,500 yay.gif

Ah Lou…I saw your name and came to this thread to see nice Shield nickel and all I got was a dancing banana yeahok.gif

Smart alecks. 893naughty-thumb.gif Here's my most recent purchase, an 1866 5c RPD with a wicked obverse clash (just to make Tom wince):

S1-3007obv.jpg

S1-3007date.jpg

2,500 yay.gif

Smart alecks. 893naughty-thumb.gif Here's my most recent purchase, an 1866 5c RPD with a wicked obverse clash (just to make Tom wince):

S1-3007obv.jpg

S1-3007date.jpg

takeit.gif I WANT YOUR SHIELD ... GIVE IT TO ME takeit.gif

I like that Delaware, Lee! smile.gif

Thanks Tom. smile.gif Can't wait to see it "In-Hand"!

257750.jpg

Lee, the angle of that tab toning with the lack of color coming in at an angle directly through the clouds is killer. Sweet coin!

Well, it is interesting to me. But then I don't know that much about them. The one they show in the Red Book is the Point of Bust Close to W variety. On your coin The W is a little bit north of the position of the W they show in the Red Book. I'm sure there are several varieties. That seems to be the trend of early American coins. At any rate, it is one heck of a find. thumbsup2.gif

Lou, very cool looking sheild nickel, a lot of character on that one!

dooly, nice piece! Love the wreath around Washington's head. Makes him look like Caesar Washington!