• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your most recent acquisition: US
8 8

20,901 posts in this topic

here's a better pic of my 66'SMS Jefferson NGC MS68. I didn't picture it the way I should have. It has a slight rotated die. When flipped 180, the building ends point between 2 and 3:00 & 8 and 9:00

1966smsJeffersonNGCMS68ObvRev.jpg

Edited by bsshog40

Please tell me that your coin is a dollar, AzLarry, and not a half-dime. 893whatthe.gif Although, heck, I think it would be cool if it was a half-dime! 893scratchchin-thumb.gifthumbsup2.gif Either way, it's beautiful.

Bobby, nice image. thumbsup2.gif

Wow, Larry and Toyonakataro, those are some REALLY sweet looking coins!!! Congrats on the pickups!

Nice Seated Liberty coins. An interesting coin that was popular up until or soon after the time of the Civil War. Here is an 1837 No Stars that I received back from NGC a week or so ago.

Rey

1837SeatedLibertyNoStarsH10CObvMS62.jpg

1837SeatedLibertyNoStarsH10CRevMS62.jpg

Edited by rbrown4

Note to self:

Wear a bib next time I view this thread. crazy.gif

There are some outstanding coins shown. Wow! I wish I had some. The no stars dime, Taro's 1840 half dime, the 1802 dollar etc., etc......

hail.gifhail.gifhail.gif

I recently purchased this 1913 Caballito Peso. I have been looking for coins with artwork with horses and came across this Peso. This was the nicest one I have seen so far and decided to make it part of my collection. It is in an NGC slab. I am just beginning to learn about grading so I played it safe on this one. Any comments welcome.

1750715-DSC03238.JPG.731c38fac1f5f7e9b096973441fa88b8.JPG

I recently purchased this 1913 Caballito Peso. I have been looking for coins with artwork with horses and came across this Peso. This was the nicest one I have seen so far and decided to make it part of my collection. It is in an NGC slab. I am just beginning to learn about grading so I played it safe on this one. Any comments welcome.
Is that the one from San Diego Coin & Bullion? If so, I was watching that and think that is the best I've seen for some time, from photos.

If you want people to guess the grade and provide full comments, you should post a photo of the reverse as well. Here's your photo:

1750715-DSC03238.JPG

Is that the one from San Diego Coin & Bullion? If so, I was watching that and think that is the best I've seen for some time, from photos.

Here's your photo:

1750715-DSC03238.JPG

That's the one! She is much prettier in hand than my photo. My photo skills are like my grading, a work in progress.

Thanks for putting my photo up for me. You guys are great! hi.gif

If you want people to guess the grade and provide full comments, you should post a photo of the reverse as well. Here's your photo:

1750715-DSC03238.JPG

Okay, ya'll try to guess the grade. Here is the reverse. popcorn.gif

1750745-caballitorev.jpg.b1a39a0c067066aa3fef94ffc72fc108.jpg

Okay, ya'll try to guess the grade. Here is the reverse. popcorn.gif
I'm going to have to disqualify myself but here are your two images for easy viewing:

1750715-DSC03238.JPG1750745-caballitorev.jpg

It really is a beautiful coin. I would like to try to find a similar quality Caballito for each of the other four years they were minted. I think that would make a nice collection. I am going to have to start selling off my old circulated stuff just in case I find one! 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Hey Zoins, could you pull up my photo of the Texas Commemorative? I would like some comments on it also. Thanks, Cindyd
Here's your Texas Cindy:

1750725-Texcommobv.jpg

To inline your photos, just get the URL after you attach the photo by clicking on the attachment link. Copy the URL and then either edit your post or create a new one. Use the code like the following except remove the spaces after the [ bracket.

[ image]http://boards.collectors-society.com/attachments//1750725-Texcommobv.jpg[ /image]

When using the full editor, you can also click in the Image link in the "Instant UBB Code" section which will give you a popup to paste the URL into.