• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your most recent acquisition: US
8 8

20,909 posts in this topic

Very nice half dime, Bill.

It seems quite a few Seated Liberty Proofs of different denominations have these die polishing marks.

Very nice coin Bill thumbsup2.gif

I just received this one back today, unfortunately this Half Dime, 1871 was cleaned during at some point in it's past. frown.gif AU 58 Details

Still like that PF of Bills 893applaud-thumb.gif

IMG_1276.jpg

IMG_1278.jpg

Nice coin Rbrown shame about the cleaning

Got this from the US today

Cost $39.80

EF-40 ?

needs some conservation to remove grease

Shield Nickel 1868 5% clipped (red book $35 + 5% for clip)

Possable repunched date (U/N)

Rev. Die HUB IIA. (No extra value)

Reverse Variety 002.98 No broken letters (E-40 Cherrypicker $475)

Die crack AMERICA (U/N) and cracks on Obv

Die error on 5

What would you grade it (Conserved)

So whats it worth ? thumbsup2.gif

1745420-1.jpg

1745420-11.jpg

hi.gif

1745420-11.jpg.da00a4b60185a9f4ef263753735f45e1.jpg

Edited by dooly

The grade is EF-40.

As for price, I have no idea. I know that some mint problems, like planchet laminations actually lower the value of Mint State pieces. I've seen this first hand. As for a clip on a circulated piece, I'd say that it would add maybe 10 to 20 percent, but I'm no expert when it comes to pricing errors.

I'm certainly no expert on these, but that really doesn't look like a clip to me. It looks more like post mint damage. Maybe someone with more experience here will step in and give an opinion.

On the obverse with a loupe you can see where someone wiped it in the field.

This is actually one of 10 coins that I received back today from ANACS. I knew that some of them had been cleaned but a few had been sent to NGC and bagged there as cleaned. I am still bewildered at a few, but 2 for 2 with the TPGs tell me that they must infact be cleaned in some manner.

Regardless, the coins are nice and fine for me, cleaned or not cleaned....

Rey

Reverse Variety 002.98 No broken letters (E-40 Cherrypicker $475)

Dooly -- This coin has the rev of '67 -- not the rev of '68 -- so it is not an FS-002.98 and carries no premium on that basis.

I might find some day that I miss the simple pleasures in life like retirement savings, a house, a car, clothes and food - But, I got this baby to keep me warm and that's good enough for now! cloud9.gif

1746362-1799Obverse.jpg.c45f71b1e3a7b22beb7b8aa6954f66a9.jpg

Eagle 1,

Great looking Capped Bust, Heraldic there. Do you have a picture of the reverse as well.

That one will definitely be able to keep you warm in the years ahead. 893applaud-thumb.gif

Rey

Rey,

Thanks. The 1795-1804 $10's have been my "dream coins" since the time I was a kid collecting Franklins out of my Dad's pocket change. Its been a long time in coming but I am not complaining, just happy to have it. yay.gif Who knows maybe some day I can add a small eagle to go along with this large eagle. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif Here is the reverse . . .

Jim

1746449-1799Reverse.jpg.51a8968137c416b2d194176a39e15df6.jpg

HOLY SMOKES!!! That is a GORGEOUS coin, Eagle1!!! hail.gif Where did you find that little baby? What is it graded (and/or what do you grade it)? Something tells me that that coin will be able to keep you warm on a cold winters night. cloud9.gif

I might find some day that I miss the simple pleasures in life like retirement savings, a house, a car, clothes and food - But, I got this baby to keep me warm and that's good enough for now! cloud9.gif

To paraphrase Sy, "Holy Smokes". That coin looks like it just came off the presses. I don't know what anybody else thinks, but that looks to be at least a 65. Incredible. hail.gifhail.gifhail.gif

1747273-1.jpg

1747273-11.jpg

Not the best in the world but i like the Rev:

my local coin shop has been on the phone again and says he has just got 2 UNC 1904o Morgans in 893applaud-thumb.gif i will post them tomorrow if there any good thumbsup2.gif

1747273-11.jpg.8f9bf921c2608cc18ee05ff58d4bc43e.jpg

Edited by dooly

Nice peace dollar dooly.

Alright I know this ain't nuthin' fantastic but I had to post it cause I got a good deal on it and a lesson learned. I found out that Ebay auctions don't do reall good when your auction is ending on a special day like Easter. Don't think too many people are surfing and probably spending more time with the family. Luckily my wife was visiting the kids and I was home alone watching ebay! 27_laughing.gif I got this jefferson for $15.52 total. Just scanned pic, not my normal quality!

66smsjefferson600pix.jpg

That Eagle is a sweetie. I am fighting the urge to get one again. I sold the last one as it was graded 61 but was 58 tops and sorta tweaked me every time I looked but not as tweaked as I get when I look at today's prices.

The only saving grace was that I didn't SELL it, but traded it for gold at 434 and silver at 7.20

Which helps, but still leave me itchy for one.

smile.gif

Nice coins ! Makes me feel better to know I'm not the only one who struggles taking pictures... poke2.gifwink.gif

Here's some more pieces for my '53 circ set; courtesy Brian Greer thumbsup2.gif

(note: all pics are as taken and only cropped)

NoArrows024.jpg

NoArrows025.jpg

LCRVA-NoArrows021.jpg

WILCT-NoArrows020.jpg

Then here's a "real tough" coin (also from Brian Greer) that I just can't get a good shot of the obv. on (yet). I don't know why I can't take a good picture of it ??? I'm scared to take it out of the 2x2 and try. Also, my first attempt at taking a picture through my 5x loupe for a close up of the date.

NoArrows022.jpg

NoArrows023.jpg

more53004C.jpg

Here, I tried to take a shot that showed the color of the "no arrow" "O" but its way out of focus foreheadslap.gif

NoArrows009.jpg

Not so much a new acquisition but new confirming details on this 1928 S Peace Dollar. VAM-3 DDO Motto, Top-50. Not graded yet, but off to a good start.

Any opinions on the grade?

Sorry the only pics I currently have are scans.

1928PeaceObv-1.jpg

1928PeaceRev-1.jpg

as a peace fan id have to say wow. i recently baught a 28 s to go with my set and it is raw. not as good as yours but it looks alright smile.gif i will add pic soon smile.gif very nice coin tho!