• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your most recent acquisition: US
8 8

20,909 posts in this topic

New One ... DLRC

Tone is a little distracting - See what it looks like in hand in a few days

Mike you mean the patina? It looks great to me thumbsup2.gif

NO In the picture it looks like a "V" Shape darkness front and rear Above liberties head and above the eagles head ...

we will see ...

A nicely matched pair of Toned Morgans!

180317001.jpg

180317002.jpg

893whatthe.gif Great Scott 893whatthe.gifthose are knock outs. takeit.gif

Thanks for posting those beauties Newmismatist acclaim.gif

New One ... DLRC

Tone is a little distracting - See what it looks like in hand in a few days

Mike you mean the patina? It looks great to me thumbsup2.gif

NO In the picture it looks like a "V" Shape darkness front and rear Above liberties head and above the eagles head ...

we will see ...

I thought that was shadow of camera when photo was taken, could be wrong. confused-smiley-013.gif

Ron those are killer coins! Thanks for sharing!

Thanks for the nice comments - those 2 coins reside in a NGC double holder with the toned sides "Up" - I've done several displays at coins shows and I usually put that pair in the center of the display case - The 81-S Moose is right above them, so I need a reverse toned Morgan that matches this one so I can balance my display!

07066172_ebaygallery.jpg

I think I'll have these coins with me at Central States in May if anyone wants to stop by and see them in hand

This is a new coin that just arrived today. My jaw dropped open and I fell in love with this half immediately!

It is a business strike half with a mintage of but 4,800 and is graded MS64 by PCGS. There is no doubt that it is high end for a 64 and would easily transition to a 65. The fields are fully prooflike and the devices are all cameo'd.

The pics accurately show the color but it doesn't come near to showing the coin's true nature. For all intense purposes, discounting semantics, this is a proof cameo, 19th century proof coin.

cloud9.gif

1733890-1879SeatedLibertyHalf.jpg

1733890-1879SeatedLibertyHalf.jpg.4eeccd6262739f5d3e5fec19294d0e3d.jpg

Boy Victor, that is one of the nicest SLH's I've ever seen. Gorgeous toning, high grade, low mintage, this coin has it all. 893applaud-thumb.gif

WOW victor! Smokin coin!!

I bet you could capture that coin pretty good. thumbsup2.gif

Dude, you have no idea how awesome this coin is! Plus, it is THE ideal collector's coin:

a)Very high end for the grade

b)Incredible eye-appeal

c)Very low mintage

d)Nice color

e)Affordably priced

f)And is so prooflike that it is cameo

WOW, great coin. Lot's of drooling going on over this one. Interesting toning pattern, almost looks like an eye.

This is a new coin that just arrived today. My jaw dropped open and I fell in love with this half immediately!

It is a business strike half with a mintage of but 4,800 and is graded MS64 by PCGS. There is no doubt that it is high end for a 64 and would easily transition to a 65. The fields are fully prooflike and the devices are all cameo'd.

The pics accurately show the color but it doesn't come near to showing the coin's true nature. For all intense purposes, discounting semantics, this is a proof cameo, 19th century proof coin.

cloud9.gif

1733890-1879SeatedLibertyHalf.jpg

thumbsup2.gif Awesome coin - It says MS and you say "a proof cameo, 19th century proof coin". Is it Proof or MS?

Cool MS Seated half, Victor! smile.gif

It's too bad the Monroe commem has such shallow relief, especially on the reverse, because it would be really cool if there were more detail in the design. Still, you have a really nice coin there, texasrichard.

WoW...! I love that Monroe commem. The reverse design is among my favorites!

----------------

Thanks for all of the feedback on the half, boardsters. thumbsup2.gif

Here's some images I just took. They still don't capture the true magnificence of the coin. It seems that coin photography is all about sacrificing one quality for another.

1734157-1879lightdirectedoffofceiling.jpg1734170-1879laterallighting.jpg1733890-1879SeatedLibertyHalf.jpg

1734170-1879laterallighting.jpg.bb3e9d16c7c621c5b6150c6b89d1c6fa.jpg

DD, that's a NICE '46 Walker!!! thumbsup2.gif

Rrantique, fun coins! thumbsup2.gif

Ron, that matched pair DEFINITELY deserves a "You Suck". hail.gif Are they NH hoard coins?

TR, that's a real nice looking Monroe, which is almost a contradiction in terms. Good going! thumbsup2.gif

Boy Victor, that is one of the nicest SLH's I've ever seen. Gorgeous toning, high grade, low mintage, this coin has it all. 893applaud-thumb.gif

I second Bob's emotion there Victor. That is definitely a YOWSAH of a coin!!! 893applaud-thumb.gif