• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your most recent acquisition: US
8 8

20,908 posts in this topic

1929Svert.jpg

The latest addition to the Quirky Buffaloes Collection. cloud9.gif

My friend who does not collect coins sent it to me to brighten my day! It's a 1929-S in good condition. I will add it to the Quirky Buffaloes website later today!

Lee, I really like that proof Kennedy. smile.gif

-Amanda

Looks like 2 nice Lincolns! Congrats!

ty ty Bruce. thumbsup2.gif

Yes, nice coins!

I see that you started using photobucket... Do you like it?

yea I thinks it is alot better than imageshack plus the upload takes hardly no time unlike imageshack that takes for ever even with my dsl 27_laughing.gif. ty for advice thumbsup2.gifthumbsup2.gifthumbsup2.gif

-Amanda

???

Fun Buffalo Amanda. Why is it quirky?

Quirky buffaloes are the subject of Amanda's buffaloe nickel website. That's just the title... I think.

-Amanda

???

Fun Buffalo Amanda. Why is it quirky?

Quirky buffaloes are the subject of Amanda's buffaloe nickel website. That's just the title... I think.

Yes, my website. This particular buffalo is not so very quirky, but some of the others I have listed on my site are indeed special, coins with die cracks and die clashes among other things. In the 'About' section I describe my goals for the collection. I eventually plan on a collection of every date/mm with a little quirk. A die crack, a lamination, a clash just SOMETHING that makes it extra special. cloud9.gif

Thanks! hi.gif

-Amanda

That's an outstanding half cent, great color. That hair looks more like a strand of dust rather than an actual hair. the tpg should reholder that for free as a mechanical error.

Those of you who read my posts across the street know I bought this suspecting it was a rare variety (S229 NC-2) but should have kept reading, it is a commmon S230. No big deal as I didn't pay a premium for it.

92obvcroppedautolevels.jpg

revautolevels88.jpg

--Jerry

No, mine was open, and full of little fuzzies from the velvet that at first made it look like it was scratched. Once those were cleared away, it looked nice!

I can’t really grade Peace dollars…so…AU53? In truth, what I find most attractive about the coin is its character. It stands apart from most of the Peace dollars that I’ve seen. It looks truly original which makes it desirable – at least to me.

I can’t really grade Peace dollars…so…AU53? In truth, what I find most attractive about the coin is its character. It stands apart from most of the Peace dollars that I’ve seen. It looks truly original which makes it desirable – at least to me.

Yep thumbsup2.gif

Thanks Winston and Bruce thumbsup2.gif

It is raw and lightly circulated Bruce. Go ahead and grade it for me if you want smile.gif

IMHO AU wink.gif

I think your coin has a shot at MS range. Take a look at all the 1921 's out there. All weakly struck and such. I also think it would BB for the black spots on the back.