• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I'm new and want to brag about results from across the street

18 posts in this topic

WELCOME!!!!! your in the right place to post and share your great results!!

You'll like it here much more than there.!!!!

mike

-------------------------------------

dont forget! collect proof sets!!!!!!!!!!!!! grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

Posting results is ok, it's not as important an activity as it is across the street though. By the way, more important than the results, we'd like to learn more about you! Who you are, what you collect, anything else you want to share! We are friends here, so the best way to be friends is to share more than just results, so please tell us about yourself!

Welcome aboard!

Very well

I'm a collector , but I can't afford the coins that I make with the grading services. I have MS65 and PR67DCAM coins in my collection (mostly modern). I use the high power coins that I make to support my habit with a little left for the bills.

Glen

I'm a collector , but I can't afford the coins that I make with the grading services. I have MS65 and PR67DCAM coins in my collection (mostly modern). I use the high power coins that I make to support my habit with a little left for the bills.

I try to do the same thing with my collection. Buy and sell to support my habit. Some days the grading gods shine on you and allow you to buy those really nice coins. Other days the grading gods are in a wicked mood and you'd be lucky to collect common date circulated wheats. grin.gif Sometimes it's the same coin they are grading. mad.gif

Welcome to the forums.

Hey greg!! I personally cant sell anything I buy, or, is in my collection just to buy more. Or to do it for profit. I just cant do it...... Once the coin or coins are in my hands, thats it!! there mine!! and staying with me..

thus the famous sane goes: To each his or her own!!

mike

---------------

dont forget! collect proof sets!!!!!!!!!!! grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

I've found that I must do the same thing as Greg; sell coins in order to support the habit.

By the way, welcome to the boards. smile.gif

Hey greg!! I personally cant sell anything I buy, or, is in my collection just to buy more. Or to do it for profit. I just cant do it...... Once the coin or coins are in my hands, thats it!! there mine!! and staying with me..

It's easy for me. I buy/sell stuff like proof moderns, state quarters, clad coins, bullion coins. I'd never collect that stuff.

dont forget! collect proof sets!!!!!!!!!!! grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

Hey, where were you these last few months. I was selling proof sets. I just dumped off around 500 of them at a dealers yesterday. All 1957-2002.

For you cladking

I have 1973-D MS67FB dime

Glen

Hi

It's very unlikely you have a FB or FT coin there and that it's MS67. Take a good look at your coin and give your full assessment on what YOU think about the coin.

Your opinion is what matters and an excellent picture will help.

Leo

greg!! I'm glad for you, that you buy and then sell modern coinage, proofs, ect. ect.

I collect all US coinage (no foreign). And this includes but not limited to mint sets, proof sets, and bullion as well.

One would guess, that if one had enough funds availible to buy-sell, buy-sell, buy-sell. then go for it!! If I had the funds?????????? yea, I probably would too. grin.gif

You ask where have I been the last few months? Well, I just plain out got tired of the boards, so I took a break from them for a while. Only loging in once a week for a quick glance at whats going on!! I usually spend an hour here and then I get tired of reading and replying, reading and replying. So, I simply take a break!! grin.gif

Sorry I missed out on your latest sale. I will try to keep a better eye on the marketplace from now on.

As far as my little P.S. at the end of my posts???? Later today I will return to start a new thread on that, and let everyone know the purpose behind what I state.

It's accutually very simple!!!!!

Hope to do business with you some day!!

mike

--------------------

dont forget! collect proof sets!!!!!!!!!!!! grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

I know that this is off topic, but I have something to say to msmhappy. I understand that we should collect proof sets, as they are (by definition) sets made specially for collectors. On the other hand though, while the earlier proofs are good for collecting, the modern proofs arent really worth collecting much (in my opinion). The US mint has really screwed up the proof set stuff in the past 35 years.

carter,

You are correct, proof sets are made for the purpose of collecting!!!!

I respect your personal choice not to collect anything that you dont want to.

I also beleive one should collect what makes them proud to be an addition to their collection. (no matter what it is). Just collect coins.

mike

-----------------------

dont forget! collect proof sets!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif