• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Reholdering, Shipping methods, and NGC lobby submission

4 posts in this topic

1) When a coin is reholdered, does the new label state this fact?

2) NGC suggests sending coins Registered, Certified mail, but is this a requirement? Does NGC refuse shipments sent "plain" insured First Class mail?

3) I've heard I can submit coins at NGC. Is this true? What are your hours?

• Administrator

Thanks for the questions - Here are some answers:

1) No, a reholdered coin does not carry a notation as such. In fact, the label only gets replaced if it is outdated, otherwise, it is simply transferred to the new core and encapsulation.

2)NGC will not refuse a shipment based on shipping method, however we strongly suggest always sending coins via an insured method ie. Registered Mail, Express Mail, Fed-Ex, etc...But the choice is yours.

3)If you are an authorized Member Dealer, Associate Member (through the ANA), or a member of the Collectors' Society, we welcome you to visit our office to drop off your coins. Call Customer Service at (800)642-2646 to set-up and appointment.

Should you have any further questions, please feel free to post another question, or call us in the office.

-Sarah

Thanks for your fast response. Re: lobby submission, I'm always looking for a reason to cross the Sunshine Skyway Bridge... Vrooom. grin.gif

2)NGC will not refuse a shipment based on shipping method, however we strongly suggest always sending coins via an insured method ie. Registered Mail, Express Mail, Fed-Ex, etc...But the choice is yours.

It should be pointed out that according to the FedEx web site, they will NOT insure coins. Any insurance for coins with a FedEx shipment would have to be thru an outside insurance carrier.