• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jom has found his DREAM COIN!!!!

10 posts in this topic

OK, found and actually purchased are two different things...unfortunately. This coin fits in perfectly with my Indian Eagle set. Nice color and luster. The down side? Cost. This coin in PCGS 62 is now going for (or is being asked at) $50,000. At one point these were in the $20Ks a bit ago now it has gone nutsoid. It seems the dream ain't gonna happen for me with this. Oh well..... cry.gif

10d-20s_small.jpg

cry.gif

jom

Personally, I don't think the coin is that attractive. Too many marks. Greysheet is $35K in MS62 & $50K in MS63. You can do better.

As for TomB's $40K Merc, don't forget to tack on my 25% commission for negotiating the sale.

Personally, I don't think the coin is that attractive. Too many marks. Greysheet is $35K in MS62 & $50K in MS63. You can do better.

Well, I've been "doing" for 10 years now. Me can't find. frown.gif Plus, if the coin didn't have said marks it'd be worth about $200,000...

How about mortgaging your home for me? Then you can tell your bank I'll take the 25% for negotiating the loan. devil.gif

jom

Well, I've been "doing" for 10 years now. Me can't find. frown.gif Plus, if the coin didn't have said marks it'd be worth about $200,000...

Then step up and make the purchase. The way you throw money around buying second homes, you can afford it. devil.gif If it is something that you really want and you've been looking 10 years for it, now is the time. Stretch for it.

I think $50K is too much, so either work on it or have a dealer you trust call the seller to work on the price for you.

I have the same problem with that date too Jom, so you are definitely not alone. I'll just continue being patient or until I have a better house to mortgage!

I think $50K is too much, so either work on it or have a dealer you trust call the seller to work on the price for you.

Actually, Greg, I agree. For that particular coin (taking a guess since I haven't actually seen it) is probably worth no more than $40,000 or so. This dealer usually asks a bit too much for his material...

I can't "step up" if I can't afford it. The problem here is that the market for these coins are accelerating at a rate I can't keep or with (let alone pass up). The price increases are even more than for blue toned copper, which for some reason has been taking off recently. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

But if I can get more of those 25% commissions over time I might be able "step up" eventually.... devil.gif

Jeff: I hear the 20-S is even more difficult. Do you see big price increases in Saints lately?

jom

I can't "step up" if I can't afford it. The problem here is that the market for these coins are accelerating at a rate I can't keep or with (let alone pass up).

See if you can work out a payment plan with the dealer or perhaps the dealer you have negotiate with the original dealer. Have any credit cards with those wonderful "No interest for the life of the balance transfer or no interest for 3 years"? cloud9.gif

But if I can get more of those 25% commissions over time I might be able "step up" eventually.... devil.gif

Good news, we're discussing buying a rental unit. If we do, we'll need a mortgage on it. If the bank is willing to throw in a 25% commission to you at no additional cost to me, I'm happy to help.

Jeff: I hear the 20-S is even more difficult. Do you see big price increases in Saints lately?

jom

Actually, one just sold in AU-58 at Heritage for $34,500, which is more than double what one sold for in 2002. In MS-63 they've moved from $45K to $55K to $66K between the beginning of '04 and November of '05. Certainly there are tougher dates, like the 1921 and 27-D, but it seems like all the better dates have been moving, especially the branch mints of the 1920s. Even the 22-S, which is the most common of the branch mints outside the 23-D has moved up about 50% since I bought mine in 2004. The common date coins, like the 24, 27 and 28 have moved up recently in MS-64 and above, but I think that might have more to do with the new Patriot Act requirements (I think they are exempt if they are priced at more than double the gold value, which seems to be where they are pricing them). In any case, finding the tough dates is much harder than it used to be!