• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pop reports for NGC 53s FBL Frankie

15 posts in this topic

Unlike across the street where they make you pay for this info, NGC provides it for free: NGC Census Report

NGC has graded (3) in MS65FBL and none others.

This compares to (2) in MS63FBL, (12) in MS64FBL, (19) in MS65FBL, and (1) in MS66FBL at PCGS.

According to David Hall, PCGS is 1134% EASIER on these coins and that is why only NGC FBL Franklines will be allowed in the PCGS Registry.

Really Greg? They are letting some NGC coins in the PCGS registry? I haven't heard about this, big step forward!

Really Greg? They are letting some NGC coins in the PCGS registry? I haven't heard about this, big step forward!

blush.gif No. blush.gif When asked about why no NGC coins in the PCGS registry, David Hall posted his reason using insane statistics coupled with super selective criteria to "show" that NGC is so much looser on grades. I'm just poking fun at him by turning the tables.

Sorry, I haven't been on those boards much since I left last year, so I thought by some miracle some sanity may have broken out over there!

I was hoping someone would talk about DH's little speach about NGC being looser. He didn't mention that PCGS gives FBL to everything under the sun instead of coins with full bell lines and that FS only requires 5 steps. And, the new FT designation only requires the bands to be split, rather than the full torch to be defined.

PCGS is without a doubt a lot looser on the FBL designation. I've sent them coins with big hits on the bell lines and they still make the designation. NGC has been tough. Even a coin with all the bell lines sharp and no hits didn't make the FBL designation on my last submission. mad.gif Oh well...

Someone mentioned that the "famous" 1953-S 50¢ in PCGS MS66FBL wasn't even a true FBL coin. I've never seen it, so I don't know.

Someone mentioned that the "famous" 1953-S 50¢ in PCGS MS66FBL wasn't even a true FBL coin. I've never seen it, so I don't know.

I only saw pics, but didn't get to see the coin in person. If I remember right, it was ugly, even by Franklin standards.

From what I understand the pics were ugly but the coin, in person, was attractive.

Franklins can do that. Bad scans/photos- eye appealing in person.

If I remember right, it was ugly, even by Franklin standards.

Here is the coin:

1953s_franklin_small.jpg

Here is a larger version of the coin: Big Photo

Here is a big photo of the bell lines: Bell Lines There appears to be hits on the lower lines as well as weakness near the crack in the bell.