• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Submission Status Not Working

37 posts in this topic

Since Greg answers questions without ignoring you we can already cross him off the list of customer service guru for at least one certification company. wink.gif

Heck,

At least Greg had an honest answer. More than you could get elsewhere. "What, we don't have a problem with our server. You're mistaken, and a loser."

It was working this morning, but crapped out this afternoon, right as mine were grading too! Oh well, they wouldn't be done till tomorrow at the earliest anyway.

• Administrator

Hrm. We'll look at it in the morning. The web components seem fine according to a test I just ran, which may mean that the internal server needs a restart.

• Administrator

frown.gif

Looks like some firewall changes are underway at NGC that have disagreed with some of the web functions. We're working on it.

mad.gifcrazy.gifshocked.gifooo.gif

It's working for me.......still scheduled for grading frown.gif

Why, if we know it takes x amount of days for the economy submissions, do we check constantly before any reasonable possible time the coins will be done?

Is it human nature, or coin collecting nature? I want to slap myself when I catch myself checking hte status, and the coins have only been there 20 days or so. What's the matter with me????? smile.gif

Are you sure you didn't call across the street?

Not unless they changed their number to 1-800-NGCCOIN!

As for checking constantly, mine are in quality control, so any day now!

• Administrator

(holds up hands) It's not me. I'm just spectating on this one. It's an internal system problem and a different group handles it. But I'll check on it.

• Administrator

The Deal is:

A new firewall went in yesterday, and caused some connection problems. As a part of the same network activity, new virus software went in today. This neccesitated rebooting one of the servers involved in the status lookup several times as different things were installed. That in turn made status lookups go up and down alot. This should have been announced as intermittent down time ahead of today so that you'd all know what to expect, but those involved in the scheduling of this didn't fully understand the role of the server they were installing things on, so they didn't know to inform us of the procedures.

At this point I am told that the firewall is in, and the software installs are done. Therefore, the system should not get interrupted any more. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Arch