• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Noe scandal is taking on MAJOR proportions.

16 posts in this topic

Here we go with "shoot the messenger" (Toledo Blade) instead of pointing the finger at the crooks (in public office), who misused public employee retirement fund money to make illegal campaign contributions. Sounds like a good, proper obfuscation to me. Don't ever publically admit that the crooks did wrong! Have someone that lives 2000 miles away blame it on the newspaper that exposed them.

Not a case of shooting the messenger. Here, the messenger is a biased tabloid with little credibility. That needs to be pointed out.

As for misusing "public employee retirement fund money", the rare coin fund was with Worker's Compensation fund money.

I have yet to read where he misused this money for campaign contributions. He is accused here of donating more of his own money than allowed by law to a political campaign. Basically, you write a check for a donation and I'll write one back to you to make you whole. Perhaps he stole that money from the fund, but that is a different matter and not yet proven.

FBI Special Agent Thomas Pearson of the Toledo office told the court how he twice went through the couple’s garbage outside their condo.

Seems that a shredder would have been a good investment. (hint) When your garbage is picked up by a guy in a suit driving a van instead of a hook on a truck, it's time to get concerned.

laugh.gif

My understanding is, from the past several month's news (not just in the Blade), that as much $18 million in Workman's Comp. Funds have vanished. Smells like theft to me, since the FBI is also looking for the money.

No, it's BFT (T=theft)! Somehow I think many here never worked in a factory for $9.00 an hour, where if you lose a couple fingers in an accident and can't work for a month or two, you can't pay the medical bills, let alone support your family. Get real, some rich dealer-clown stealing this same money for personal political gain is a BFD!!!! There sometimes doesn't seem to be a whole lot of empathy for your fellow man around lately.

This lack of empathy seems to be contagious recently in the good ole US of A. I hope that we get over this lack soon. It is pretty ugly face of a nation that fancies itself as "Compassionate Conservatives" (or whatever the heck that means in modern doublespeak).

sign-rantpost.gif

No, it's BFT (T=theft)! Somehow I think many here never worked in a factory for $9.00 an hour, where if you lose a couple fingers in an accident and can't work for a month or two, you can't pay the medical bills, let alone support your family. Get real, some rich dealer-clown stealing this same money for personal political gain is a BFD!!!! There sometimes doesn't seem to be a whole lot of empathy for your fellow man around lately.

This lack of empathy seems to be contagious recently in the good ole US of A. I hope that we get over this lack soon. It is pretty ugly face of a nation that fancies itself as "Compassionate Conservatives" (or whatever the heck that means in modern doublespeak).

sign-rantpost.gif

893applaud-thumb.gif

TRUTH

There sometimes doesn't seem to be a whole lot of empathy for your fellow man around lately.

OT3 --

I don't agree: (1) It depends entirely on the quality of the people whom you chose to be around; (2) don't forget that the media focus on the bad and ignore the vast amount of good done by folks; (3) as far as I know, not a single worker has lost or will lose WC benefits due to Noe; and (4) the crimes of which Noe has been so far accused have nothing to do with the rare coin fund/market; so, it might be expecting a bit too much to see passionate responses on these boards.

Please don't misinterpret these remarks. I despise the abuse of trust and power by political insiders (or by anyone else, for that matter).

OT3 you misinterpret my response as a lack of compassion for the little guy, when all I was saying was that this whole episode is rather small compared to the corruption that goes on all over this nation. The Noe situation is bad, what he did if true was reprehensible, but in total what he stole or misappropriated was less than the fraud that occurs in Mayor Daley's Chicago on a slow week! Certainly I have compassion on the workers that might be affected by this, but I know they won't be affected, since it's the taxpayers of Ohio that will make up the difference. If you want to talk about really screwing over the hourly workers, why don't you complain about the $150 million the unions spent of their members hard-earned dues to defeat 8 ballot initiatives in California?

why don't you complain about the $150 million the unions spent of their members hard-earned dues to defeat 8 ballot initiatives in California?

893naughty-thumb.gif MOD BUTTON hit.

TRUTH

Sorry Jeff: I did misinterpret your remarks. There is so much corruption in every direction where you look in this country today that it is sickening. Especially when perpetrated by people who divert attention for their misdeeds by calling themselves as true patriots or true christians.

No need for apologies Charlie, it's easy to misinterpret things on these or any boards. You're right about corruption being rampant, and I don't think it's right to turn a blind eye to it. But the reality we face is that the only actions we can control are our own. That being the case, we can complain, but I think we can be more effective by making sure we do not engage in similar misdeeds, that we conduct ourselves to the highest standards, and that we do not lend support to those who engage in such corruption, whether with our vote or with our business.