• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What Coin is everyone on the hunt for????

26 posts in this topic

Not that I have the money for it right now but I've been looking for a nice g4/6 1916/1916 nickel for QUITE some time.

I also want an '01 quarter and should have gotten one before the prices went nuts.

Don't you mean an '01-S?

I answered this question in another thread not too long ago but will share it here in case anyone would care to offer one to me! In other words, I have the money for it right now! I'm looking for a Vermont landscape with perfect planchet, no bad dings, scratches, stains, cuts or marks; with wonderful color that is even and chocolate-like; that is F-VF without verdigris, corrosion or die pitting; and that has good centering and remaining devices. I will pay! US cash! shocked.gif

I want a colorfully toned 1921 Pilgrim. I love the one Anaconda has for sale and I believe I was the runner-up bidder when it was auctioned by Heritage.

While the Pilgrim isn't in my near future, I do have my eye on a couple of killer coins that I'm hoping won't kill my bank account.

I want a great 1939-D reverse of 38 Jefferson nickel in MS66FS blush.gif! The list really goes on and on from there. Sometimes, I feel like I'm simply confused by my own desires!

Hoot

I've got some feelers out for a PR-64 1885 Liberty Nickel. I won't pay ridiculous $$$ for a G graded one and the Business Strikes are way out there so I'm looking for a proof. From there on, I can easily start upgrading the rest.

For me, I'm not on the hunt for a specific coin, but I am on the look out for choice gem mercs raw. But I may splurge in a few months and buy another gold coin.

Looking for a high grade, very attractively toned Albany.

Higashiyama, how is this one for you:

3211_albanyngms68.JPG

I've seen it in person and it is nice. I want one with a colorful beaver, but this one is nice. It's an MS68.

A similar thread came along a couple of weeks ago, but my most desired coin is currently a 1924 S Peace $ in MS65. I haven't seen one for sale or auction in a LONG time....

OK, besides the elusive 1964 XF40 dime, I'm looking for coins for my No Coin Over $250 Type Set of Coins Dated 1830 to 1930 (can NGC add that category to the Registry?).

Nicely Toned or otherwise "pretty"...

Barber Half (nice AU preferred over baggy MS60..61)

Seated Half and Quarter (as above)

White MS61..62 Barber Dime (or evenly toned golden, no spots)

oh.. and I want my purple Wheatie

1933 Indian Eagle. I haven't even heard of one on the market in the last five years.

The Great Lakes Collection, lot 4041, B&M (11/98). Graded MS64 by PCGS, it hammered at $150K.

I think there was another more recently, but I can't recall...

EVP