• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I have finally made it to the NGC boards !

18 posts in this topic

After months of intense pressure from my good friends over at the PCGS boards...I have finally made it over here.I have been told that things are better over here.I have noticed that the Registry format is much better than PCGS.I have also noted that the weighting system is far superior to the other guys.With my Peace and Morgan sets here,I can see the rating for each coin rather than a guess over there.I look forward to making some new friends over here smile.gif

Larry

Well let me be the first to welcome you and give you a star.gifstar.gifstar.gifstar.gifstar.gif rating. laugh.gif

It is nice over here. Not too much modern stuff. Not many flames. VERY few off topic posts. It's rare you'll see a "look at this eBay auction" or "submission results" post over here. Just a bunch of COIN collectors.

The registry is better over here. No PCGS-only snobs.

Visit frequently. You'll enjoy it is you like talking about COINS!

Best of all is that the NGC management posts and listens to the people on this forum. I cannot tell you how many times they have done something or changed a policy at the suggestion/request of fellow forum members. Truly top notch staff here!

Hi Greg,

thanks for the info...

I will try and get the hang of it over here real quick.

I am glad you are over here as your input is enjoyed by alot of real collectors.

I will spend as much time here as I am able,

Larry

welcome!!!!!!!!! hope you stay awhile!

maybe not as fST OR AS HOT AND HEAVY AS THE PCGS boards but as you can see with tomb post

this forum really has some great stuff and it is also a nicer feel over here seems to also be more advanced collectors here so far

sincerely michael

i learn lots here also and you get a good response from the graders and managewment at ngc if you got a coin question

Greetings, Larrry! Good to see another Peace $ collector. BTW, you have assembled a wonderful set of dollars. I look forward to your contributions to the board...

Welcome, and ditto on what Greg said regarding the boards and NGC's frequent participation. With the exception of one or two trolls, these boards seem populated by serious collectors with interesting things to say. The NGC folks are quite responsive, both in answering questions and in working to improve the registry in response to suggestions.

Beijim

Good to see you here, Larry. Greg and michael are correct in their assertions that there is quite a bit less traffic here, overall, but that the actual coin discussion that takes place may exceed that found at PCGS.

welcome!!! ya did good! and you will find this is the place for coin collectors!

mike

dont forget! collect proof sets!!!!!!!!!!!!!! grin.giftongue.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

Welcome Larry! Glad to have you join us. There are so many good folks here with a lot to share, so take advantage of us! (did I say that out loud?) If you ever have a craving for crazy off-topic posts, you can also visit the "water cooler" where they let all those crazy card and comic guys in! blush.gif

Welcome Larry. I'm sure your input will be of great value to everyone here.

I will get involved as much as I can..as sson as work slows down !!

Your horoscope says you should take off the 26th and visit with friends wink.gif

Your horoscope says you should take off the 26th and visit with friends wink.gif

That's odd, because mine says the exact same thing. I'm following the advice and taking the day off. Maybe I'll head down to Tustin.

Ditto!! Larry!! Welcome aboard, but you sure picked one hell of a weekend to sign up (like going on your FIRST ocean voyage aboard the Titanic). May I suggest you take off UNTIL the 26th, to give us proper time to evaluate you (once we take over), to see if you have any potential whatsoever as a Comic collector. cool.gif