• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Europeans Make the Transition

9 posts in this topic

It won't last. Give it a few years before countries start pulling out. A few more years it will be totally gone.

I spent 11 years in Germany, still have a daughter and three grandkids there. This transition has been coming for a long time. I don't see a reversal of this without some kind of crisis. Lets hope Europe remains united.

Good for coin collecting, Yes especially for the dark side. Remember what was said about the clads. The end of U. S. coin colleacting. Right?

What happens when one country wants to start minting more money to pay for things and the rest of the countries say no. That country will leave.

It won't last. Give it a few years before countries start pulling out. A few more years it will be totally gone.

grin.gif

I saw some lurker reading this thread so I had to take a look....

893scratchchin-thumb.gifmmmmmmmmmm

one of the better threads started on here

this is really interesting

well for me i think currently it is a house of cards that is dangerously swaying in the wind with a somewhat forgone conclusion but only time will tell

but if i had to stay in currency and i lived in the usa so the effect would be less for me and also i did no international transactions or trading it would be a no brainer at least for my uninformed perspective i would move all my liquid currency assets into usa dollars

Positive for the collecting community?

Right now, it's a crapshoot ! The dollar is at 76.5 cents to the Euro so it is not good for U.S. collectors and investors. We get a lot of Europeans, here, in Southwest Florida and they are taking advantage of the strong Euro and investing heavily in real estate and business.

The biggest question mark for the continued success of the EU is France. We helped bail them out of World War I and they sat idly by while Hitler gained power right in their own backyard. We bailed them out of World War II and DeGaulle turned around and kicked us in the arse. NOTE: To this day, France has never repaid any of their WWI or WWII debt to the U.S. We bailed them out of Southeast Asia and they thanked us by helping North Vietnam in the peace negotiations. After 9/11 they have consistently opposed UN attempts to curb anti-terrorism and have harbored many of these international criminals in their own country.

With their track-record, what do you suppose they will do if the rest of the EU has differing opinions? If that is how they are going to act, I say we kick them out of the world.

Chris