• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

the case of the disappearing Saint...

5 posts in this topic

So I have these watchlists on eBay that send me an e-mail when a coin I am looking for is listed. So Sunday I get an e-mail about a nice 22-S in MS-63, so I put it on my watchlist to think about it, and I checked again today to make a bid and the item has been changed to this: 1922-S Saint? I checked the revisions, and it looks like the seller (who I have dealt with before and is quite reputable) changed everything from the title to the description and photos. I guess this is a way around eBay listing fees, if you sell an item, you just change it to something completely different instead of ending it, so you save on fees. I can certainly understand it, but it is confusing! confused.gif

First you do a search of whatever you are searching for. Then you hit save search. Then you go in to your ebay watching page and go in to favorites. In favorites you find your saved search and check the box to get an email whenever similar items come up for sale. Then you hit submit. Then presto!

The only caveat to that is you can only get the e-mail notifications on three saved searches. I have saved searches for all the branch mint saints from the 20s just to see if any come up, but since I could only get three e-mailed, I picked the ones that come up the most frequently.

By the way, I did get a reply from the seller, and he said he sold the coin, but rather than pulling the auction, since it had no bids he just edited the whole thing to see a different coin. Way to rip off eBay! (not that I am condoning any such actions)