• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2004 penny with a mint error
1 1

9 posts in this topic

On 10/25/2024 at 11:04 AM, Angel R Padilla said:

Examples of2004 penny mint error

2004 penny mint error

Welcome to the forum, try your photos again and maybe we can help.   But remember an error only happens at the time the coin is made, anything else is just damage.

Hello and welcome to the forum!

I do not see any error on this 2004 (P) Lincoln Memorial cent. I see a series of linear plating bubbles which is not an error but rather an issue the mint had with the copper plating on many of these cents across multiple years of issue and carrying into the Shield cent series of these copper plated zinc cents. The plating issues are considered as poor quality control at the mint and a problem plaguing many of these cents to varying degree.

ERROR?  :whatthe:

Unless @J P M is continuing to lurk about the premises, I am going to to denounce this as an imposter and eminently qualified to fall well within thr Statute of Limitations.

On 10/26/2024 at 8:59 PM, Henri Charriere said:

ERROR?  :whatthe:

Unless @J P M is continuing to lurk about the premises, I am going to to denounce this as an imposter and eminently qualified to fall well within thr Statute of Limitations.

Yep, No error. Linear plating blisters and 20 years of road time. 

On 10/27/2024 at 7:22 AM, J P M said:

Yep, No error. Linear plating blisters and 20 years of road time. 

Ok, repeal the S of L.   Again.