• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1953 S Roosevelt Dime FS-901 Acorn Variety
1 1

4 posts in this topic

Greetings,

Simple Question. Will NGC ever recognize this variety?

I have a beautiful example that I would like to have attributed and slabbed by NGC. The attached photo is not of my coin.

Please don't make me send it to PCGS as they do recognize this variety.

Thank You

Milt

Screenshot 2024-10-07 at 14-24-29 The 1953-S Roosevelt acorn variety - FS-901 New Cherrypickers' variety.png

Unfortunately, NGC only lists three varieties for 1953 and those are the S/S (FS-501 and VP-001) and the FS-401 Bugs Bunny. If it is not in the Variety Plus listing, NGC will NOT attribute the variety. You can contact NGC customer service directly and try to plead your case that they recognize it, but as I am aware, not many people actually make any progress in having them add a variety not already listed. As of this writing, if PCGS does recognize it as FS-901, you will have to go with them. Good luck trying to get NGC to add the FS-901 to Variety Plus and I'm not trying to be a smart aleck by saying that. I think there are some varieties they do not have in Variety Plus that should be included and I think if more people request certain varieties that they might actually make a change to include it so I would take a shot at it and run it through customer service.

Edited by powermad5000
incorrect number

• Administrator
On 10/7/2024 at 4:59 PM, Sandon said:

If you were trying to get the attention of the NGC staff, it would have been best to post this topic on the "Ask NGC/NCS" forum. I don't think that anyone who works for NGC actively monitors this forum, at least since David W. Lange died. Contacting Customer Service would be the other option.

Hello @Sandon and @MTinis.

All threads are monitored by NGC staff. The Ask NGC thread is here: https://boards.ngccoin.com/forum/9-ask-ngcncs/.

That is the appropriate place to post census, submissions, variety questions, etc., (anything not related to the NGC Registry.)  Customer Service monitors that thread and will get answers someone needs. Thank you all for your support and interest.