• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

World Economy submissions now on Day 94 ? - received by NGC 21 April 2024

7 posts in this topic

Can't seem to get any sensible answers from anyone, and status has now - like some other members - reverted to " Scheduled for Grading " whereas on 21 July 2024 they were at " Grading/Encapsulation/Imaging " . I am in UK and have been submitting directly since 2007 , and never experienced this sort of delay before. WHAT ON EARTH IS GOING ON?!!!!!!

On 8/29/2024 at 10:38 AM, POLDAN said:

Can't seem to get any sensible answers from anyone,

Are you saying you cannot get answers directly from NGC employees??? NGC customer service will find out what is happening to your submission if it is still in their system and possession.

On 8/29/2024 at 11:38 AM, POLDAN said:

I am in UK and have been submitting directly since 2007 , and never experienced this sort of delay before. WHAT ON EARTH IS GOING ON?!!!!!!

Presumably you did not get the memorandum....

Florida was sold to Greenland about a year ago. The entire state was moved and the NGC plant became encased in ice. It was re-discovered in July when a stray puffin built a nest on the golden spike sticking through the ice.

I TAKE FULL BLAME FOR THIS.

THE TRUTH IS THE TEAM OF MODERATORS ARE MONITORING MY COMMENTS, ROUND-YHE-CLOCK, 24/7, IN ROTATING SHIFTS WHICH, UNFORTUNATELY, GIVES THEM LITTLE TIME TO DEVOTE TO ACTUAL BUSINESS.

ONE NEWBIE CALLED ME "SHALLOW."  (I STILL HAVEN'T GOTTEN OVER THAT.)  AND ANOTHER WROTE TO ME TO SAY HE WAS THRILLED TO HEAR PCGS VANDALIZED MY SET, UNILATERALLY  REDEFINED THE TERM "RESTRIKE;" STRIPPED ME OF ALL MY AWARD PLAQUES GOING BACK FOUR YEARS AND SUGGESTED HE COULDN'T WAIT FOR ME TO LEAVE SO THAT I COULD COULD STOP DOMINATING ALL THE FORUMS ON THE CHATBOARD.  NEEDLESS TO SAY, I COULD NOT DISAGREE WITH THE TRUTH, SO I SAID NOTHING.

THE DEBACLE OUT WEST IS STILL ONGOING.  PCGS WILL NOT REST UNTIL A CONCLUSIVE DETERMINATION HAS BEEN MADE AS TO WHICH FR20FRGR WAS MINTED ON THE YEARS OF COINS DATED 1907 THRU 1914, AND WHICH WERE MINTED LATER.

IT TOOK ME TWO MONTHS TO RECONSTITUTE MY SET, THE CENSUS WAS SPLIT THREE WAYS AND SOME MEMBERS WHO ARE TRUE COLLECTORS AND NOT BRAWLERS, BAILED OUT.

I MANAGED TO CLAW MY WAY BACK UP TO THE TOP HELPED ALING THE WAY BY A GENTLEMAN IN PARIS WHO, FINDING A 1913-DATED COIN, DUG UP MY OLD OUTDATED WANT LIST AND TOOK IT UPON HIMSELF TO QUIETLY SHELVE THE COIN UNTIL HE WAS ABLE TO HEAR FROM ME AS TO WHETHER I WAS STILL INTERESTED IN ACQUIRING ONE.  IT HAPPENED TO BE THE RAREST OF THE THREE I PLACED AT THE TOP OF MY LIST.  UNFORTUNATELY, THIS COINCIDED WITH A TECHNICAL OUTAGE WHICH AFFECTED FINANCIAL INSTITUTIONS GLOBALLY AND, NOT WANTING TO MISS AN OPPORTUNITY OF A LIFETIME, I SENT HIM $1900. IN USD IN A PLAIN ENVELOPE  -- UNCERTIFIED, UNINSURED, AND UNREGISTERED WITH NO TRACKING NUMBER -- TO COVER ALL COSTS.  INCREDIBLY, IT WAS RECEIVED, THE USD CONVERTED TO €UROS AND HE ACTUALLY SENT ME BACK 51 €UROS IN CHANGE.

SO YOU SEE, I AM ON VERY UNSTABLE GROUND HERE AT NGC.  I SERVE AT MGMT'S PLEASURE AS AN INDENTURED SERVANT FOR SEVEN YEARS (TWO MORE YEARS TO GO) AFTER WHICH I CAN BE TERMINATED WITH OR WITHOUT CAUSE OR EXPLANATION.

MY SINCEREST APOLOGIES TO YOU, SIR, FOR THE INCONVENIENCE I HAVE CAUSED. 

(POSTED AT THE DISCRETION OF MODERATION.)

On 8/29/2024 at 11:38 AM, POLDAN said:

Can't seem to get any sensible answers from anyone, and status has now - like some other members - reverted to " Scheduled for Grading " whereas on 21 July 2024 they were at " Grading/Encapsulation/Imaging " . I am in UK and have been submitting directly since 2007 , and never experienced this sort of delay before. WHAT ON EARTH IS GOING ON?!!!!!!

Sorry to hear your coin is backlogged Poldan, you are posting you complaint on the NGC chat board so getting a reasonable answer would only be a guess by the members here. (shrug)  

On 8/29/2024 at 8:38 AM, POLDAN said:

All times are business days. NGC lists their current turnaround time for World Economy at 78 days. That's around 4 months. You're currently around 4 months. I don't know how accurate either services are in estimates. PCGS lists 60 days and I've been getting mine back in 30-40 days. Yet Express listed 15 business days and it took around over 40. 

My only guess is that perhaps there is something esoteric in your submission and when it went to the grading room it was kicked back waiting for another grader with more knowledge of the coin. 

Edited by gmarguli

On 8/30/2024 at 4:44 PM, gmarguli said:

All times are business days. NGC lists their current turnaround time for World Economy at 78 days. That's around 4 months. You're currently around 4 months. I don't know how accurate either services are in estimates. PCGS lists 60 days and I've been getting mine back in 30-40 days. Yet Express listed 15 business days and it took around over 40. 

My only guess is that perhaps there is something esoteric in your submission and when it went to the grading room it was kicked back waiting for another grader with more knowledge of the coin. 

That is the usual answer when non-US coins start getting lengthy. The salaries being offered are pretty modest considering a Florida Gulf Coast location. They need to attract good graders but they don’t want to pay. After all, the most important thing is that the private equity boys get theirs  

Edited by VKurtB