• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1952 Jefferson pr68 cam

21 posts in this topic

So I received my coins back from I. CG and they missed the FS401. I've done my research. I believe that's exactly what it is, and it would be the only one because there's none in cameo. What should I do I crack it out? Send it to n NGC or do I leave it the way it is and have them reholder it I also believe it's a ultra cameo 

20240816_075112.jpg

20240816_075039.jpg

20240816_075031.jpg

20240816_074908.jpg

🐓  :  SAY, Q?  DO YOU RECALL THE COMMENT BY THAT GUY WHOSE MIND DWELLS IN SO. PA?

Q.A.:  I CERTAINLY DO... OUR MEMBER HERE'S GOT AN OLD COIN WHOSE GRADE, PF 68 CAM, BREACHED THE UPPER REACHES OF THE STRATOSPHERE ANYONE WOULD BE PROUD TO OWN ...AND THE MEMBER (WHO MUST REMAIN ANONYMOUS) REPLIED WITH A SOMEWHAT SARCASTIC RETORT:  SEEMS A LITTLE "UNGRATEFUL."  🤣:roflmao:

On 8/16/2024 at 12:27 PM, Sandon said:

NGC would just attribute this as a "RECUT RIBBON" variety whether it is an FS-401, 402, 403, or 404. See Jefferson Five Cents (1938-Date) | VarietyPlus® | NGC (ngccoin.com).  As you were able to attribute the variety yourself, why should you pay another grading fee, plus an $18 attribution fee and the related costs of submission just to have these words on the grading service label? The coin could also come back with a lower grade.

Tu

A PC GS the Price goes from 585 to 1200 fs401 not for sale there for my daughter I'm leaving them all to her Just need them correct Sonecha goes to turn in later on 30 years from now they'll have the right attributions onThem so she i don't get screwed like I did when I was a kid 

On 8/16/2024 at 12:27 PM, Sandon said:

.... As you were able to attribute the variety yourself, why should you pay another grading fee, plus an $18 attribution fee and the related costs of submission just to have these words on the grading service label? The coin could also come back with a lower grade.

Good question, the answer to which has eluded all but medical science since the Dawn of Civilization.

I suspect insecurity or a lack of confidence, but the numismatic community and the partners or affiliates it relies on play a part too.  It could be no more complicated than accepting the word of an unknown person over that of an experienced grader whose work is backed by a label generated by a recognized TPGS.

Thirty years down the line when the daughter (who may or may not be particularly enamored of coins) seeks to sell her inheritance, what would you as a buyer prefer to deal with: a quantity of goods haphazardly thrown together, some bearing handwritten notations (and others with no dicumentation at all) or a prospective seller who can provide you with a well-organized inventory, much of it encapsulated, in presentable, well-cared for condition.  Time is money and buying can be time-consuming and labor-intensive.  Anything that expedites the process is helpful.

I am well aware many in the hobby collect raw pieces. The more experienced, like you, are well-versed and articulate.  Those that are not are at a distinct disadvantage.

On 9/7/2024 at 12:11 AM, Cbdbilly said:

I don't suggest anybody uses them i Never use them again I have many more stories of somebody wants to e-mail me sobebj@gmail

I hate to say it, but I pass on any holders other than NGC, PCGS, ANACS, and CAC. Unless the coin is extra special. All the other holders seem to get downgraded when you take them to a dealer more than the top four do.

I guess I'm to honest when buying from people on FB I bought this from a guy and try to pay him more $100 1944 D ddo I think it's under graded I'm comparison to - - - - on lin

20240917_180338.jpg

20240917_180343.jpg

Edited by Cbdbilly

On 8/16/2024 at 1:00 PM, Henri Charriere said:

🐓  :  SAY, Q?  DO YOU RECALL THE COMMENT BY THAT GUY WHOSE MIND DWELLS IN SO. PA?

Q.A.:  I CERTAINLY DO... OUR MEMBER HERE'S GOT AN OLD COIN WHOSE GRADE, PF 68 CAM, BREACHED THE UPPER REACHES OF THE STRATOSPHERE ANYONE WOULD BE PROUD TO OWN ...AND THE MEMBER (WHO MUST REMAIN ANONYMOUS) REPLIED WITH A SOMEWHAT SARCASTIC RETORT:  SEEMS A LITTLE "UNGRATEFUL."  🤣:roflmao:

Not ungrateful Pali  i got to church and give to two charities monthly 🙏 I will pray for I just want things dome right that company didn't do there job I paid extra for that as well I might not have your money but to me that's incompatance that's all I'm saying SIR

Well i think the ICG (I cant Grade) company didnt do you any favors by saying it was a cameo.  dont get me wrong it is a nice jeff but i would just leave it as it is and you can use my home stickering kit to put your own designation on it.  only $19.95 and i will ship you one out.  If you act now i will double the order and give you 2 for the price of one.  no in all honesty just leave it as it is and enjoy it. you know what it is so if you have to you can tell anyone else that looks at it.

On 10/2/2024 at 7:06 AM, Cbdbilly said:

when buying from people on FB

Something I would NEVER do under ANY circumstances.