• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Whats up with these rims?
1 1

6 posts in this topic

Both coins on both sides have a layer of the rim inset.  Not sure I am explaining it correctly, but it reminds me of the lucky penny squeeze job. 

1966p:

image.png.6660bdea7114e8df81bce786e8bb926c.png

image.png.2dc86036b1daeeedd615920bd578cbbc.png

Edited by cobymordet

The first one looks like it was struck with very slightly misaligned dies. The second one looks like it is possible it was pushed into something. Hard to tell on the second one without it being in hand.

Btw, what is up with those rims? I heard the local crack heads stole them off your car. :roflmao:

This coin could have taken a short ride in a dryer. The rim looks pushed over on the reverse. It could also be a bit mad like powermad5000 mentioned. 

On 7/25/2024 at 5:53 AM, cobymordet said:

1971d:

image.png.901a1a8a608e960e1099994153e9f4fc.png

image.png.66aea752ee31e16f971af1daa71ee586.png

It sounds like you're observing an unusual feature on your 1966 P (Philadelphia) coin where both sides exhibit an inset rim layer. This type of rim anomaly could be due to several factors, including minting errors or post-minting modifications. One possibility is that the coin might have been subjected to a "squeeze job," where it was pressed or altered after minting, leading to the inset rim appearance. Alternatively, it could be a result of a striking error during the coin's production process. To accurately determine the cause, it might be helpful to consult with a numismatic expert or a coin grading service for a detailed examination. I was struggling with a paper and needed some help, so I turned to https://academized.com/write-my-paper The service was excellent! The writer understood my requirements and delivered a paper that was exactly what I needed. It was well-organized, with strong arguments and solid research. The quality was top-notch, and it was delivered on time. I’m very satisfied with the service and will definitely use it again in the future.

Wow, I love it.

Edit: Can I see more pictures?

Edited by PatriciaByrd