• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1937p Buffalo Lamenting the delamination of the lamination
1 1

8 posts in this topic

I just want to verify that the impact to this coin looks to be a legitimate lamination issue as opposed to a product of arts & crafts day at the local crack house.

image.png.932ee3573fce92820e416a15e44f26b2.png

image.png.c1081dcaeff84ce2c2cec7efd7807dd7.png

A little premature as regarding the use of the word lamenting in the Topic Title, but in consideration of the fact Tisha B'av (Hebrew year 3784) shall soon be upon us, I shall allow it, and entreat my fellow members, whatever their persuasion, do likewise.  (I have polled the local crack houses and, without objection, no one voiced an objection.)   🐓 

Edited by Henri Charriere
Word deletion.

I think that this coin exhibits a genuine planchet "lamination". Some years back, I helped someone dispose of a late spouse's collection (more of an accumulation) that contained several otherwise common circulated Buffalo nickels that had laminations less severe than this. An errors dealer told me he had a customer who actively collected such pieces and paid $5 to $10 for each one.

I also vote lamination error and btw, what were you doing by the local crack house?  xD

Also, could you tell me if they play Bingo there on Tuesdays? :roflmao: