• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cent
1 1

31 posts in this topic

Welcome to the Chat Board
I can’t add anything to what Just Bob has explained unless there is something else you would like to know.   
Please be more specific with your questions.

On 5/20/2024 at 9:24 PM, Just Bob said:

Welcome to the forum. You have a 1972 Lincoln cent minted in Denver, one of over 2.6 billion minted there that year. The composition is brass, the diameter is 19 mm/ 3/4 in, and the average weight is 3.11 grams. The obverse die that struck this particular coin looks to have been heavily resurfaced, possibly to remove damage, which has removed enough of the surface to erase some of the lowest relief of the design, such as the front and back of Lincoln’s neck, the lapel, and tie. It has also affected the lettering near the rim and other parts of the bust and head. It is interesting looking, but not really worth more than a few cents, unless you can find someone who collects coins struck by overpolished dies.

Thank you for your opinion and recently received a offer of 10k for the coin 🤯

On 5/22/2024 at 1:20 PM, Jesse01 said:

Not a chance someone will ever pay you that. The coin you posted has very little value. 

On 5/22/2024 at 1:54 PM, ldhair said:

Not a chance someone will ever pay you that. The coin you posted has very little value. 

Also have a offer of 6.5k 

Posted (edited)
On 5/22/2024 at 1:20 PM, Jesse01 said:

Take it and run. Never look back. You have found a mega-sucker. My top offer is 2¢. You pay the shipping. 

Edited by VKurtB

On 5/22/2024 at 4:19 PM, VKurtB said:

Take it and run. Never look back. You have found a mega-sucker. My top offer is 2¢. You pay the shipping. 

All I asked for was best offer put pictures and that's it 

On 5/22/2024 at 4:39 PM, Jesse01 said:

There are two people either stupid or worse. 

Posted (edited)
On 5/22/2024 at 4:40 PM, VKurtB said:

There are two people either stupid or worse. 

Junk to someone, treasure to another🤯😁🔥. Could also be a  different type of collector than others for coins.

Edited by Jesse01

On 5/22/2024 at 5:51 PM, Jesse01 said:

Junk to someone, treasure to another🤯😁🔥. Could also be a  different type of collector than others for coins.

I see no treasure only a worn-out die anyone offering money must be pulling your leg.

I think that your bidders are being facetious. Let's see if the high bidder pays up! 

On 5/22/2024 at 12:20 PM, Jesse01 said:

I think you are being played.

On 5/22/2024 at 10:03 PM, Just Bob said:

...recently received a offer of 10k for the coin 🤯

So, you acquired this 1972d cent.  You list it on a marketplace app and receive multiple high value offers. How did you describe the coin?  What do you believe about this coin that gives you the impression that it is valuable?  I am not being rude when I state that you do not seem knowledgeable about coins.  After all, your original post was asking what others think about your coin.  Multiple correct assessments of your coin have been provided to you and your only rebuttal is that you have received multiple unrealistic offers for a coin that many novices can verify has no value.  You have not tried to defend your belief in this coin which indicates to me that you are not sure what you have.  Can you provide us with your opinion of this coin of yours?  I welcome your opinion of either the 1972d and/or the 1972p from yer other thread. 

On 5/22/2024 at 10:57 PM, cobymordet said:

So, you acquired this 1972d cent.  You list it on a marketplace app and receive multiple high value offers. How did you describe the coin?  What do you believe about this coin that gives you the impression that it is valuable?  I am not being rude when I state that you do not seem knowledgeable about coins.  After all, your original post was asking what others think about your coin.  Multiple correct assessments of your coin have been provided to you and your only rebuttal is that you have received multiple unrealistic offers for a coin that many novices can verify has no value.  You have not tried to defend your belief in this coin which indicates to me that you are not sure what you have.  Can you provide us with your opinion of this coin of yours?  I welcome your opinion of either the 1972d and/or the 1972p from yer other thread. 

I didn't describe the coin, simply posted photos and asked for best offer.Everyone who has message a offer or seen post can verify my description only said best offer starting at $0.

Screenshot_20240522-231302__01.jpg

Screenshot_20240522-231156__01.jpg

I saw this same thing on another forum where a couple of collectors as a joke kept bidding
on a worthless coin like this one. I think it got close to $10,000 when the bidding stopped
then they all retracted there bids. Probably the same type of thing here.

On 5/23/2024 at 12:08 AM, Jesse01 said:

I didn't describe the coin, simply posted photos and asked for best offer.Everyone who has message a offer or seen post can verify my description only said best offer starting at $0.

Well, congratulations!  It seems that you have vastly exceeded your expectations beyond our paltry realm of existence. I would offer you good luck, but it is evident you don't need it. 

Conjure the coin to complete the sale! 

The world is your oyster, just grab the hot sauce!

On 5/22/2024 at 4:39 PM, Jesse01 said:

What site is that? I’d stay faaaaaaar away from there. 

On 5/23/2024 at 10:27 AM, VKurtB said:

What site is that? I’d stay faaaaaaar away from there. 

Offer up

On 5/23/2024 at 6:44 AM, RonnieR131 said:

They come and they go. Gets old. Hopefully not another three page thread. The end.

The #1 indicator at a glance of a thread that has gone pear-shaped, usually with some pariedoliac who insists on arguing with people who know more, is whether it has spilled onto a second page. By the end of that page, the gloves are typically off.

Posted (edited)
On 5/23/2024 at 2:17 PM, EGH49 said:

Why didn't you accept the $10,000?

Wanted opinions on coin,and see if it worth grading because Im getting high offers form different people.Also only been posted for 8 days wanted to wait a little and message highest offer if he is really going to buy the coin for 10k.Will find out Saturday.

Edited by Jesse01

@Jesse01 I would not continue to pursue this deal.  @Just Bob told you everything you need to know about your coin.  You can certainly save it as an example, but it's worth 1c.  Someone who is willing to offer you 10K for this coin is either joking or dangerous.  Don't make time for either.