• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Today's Coin Find
1 1

4 posts in this topic

I am always wondering if people decide to just give up on holding on to stored rolls of these and end up just spending them. I could only imagine some people who put away BU rolls of these when they were first released in the thoughts and hopes that 30-40 years later those rolls would add significant value only to find in todays terms they are really not worth that much. Disappointment setting in on their original plan, they just decide it's not worth the trouble to try to even sell them so they spend them.

Excellent finds though!

On 4/25/2024 at 11:17 PM, powermad5000 said:

I am always wondering if people decide to just give up on holding on to stored rolls of these and end up just spending them. I could only imagine some people who put away BU rolls of these when they were first released in the thoughts and hopes that 30-40 years later those rolls would add significant value only to find in todays terms they are really not worth that much. Disappointment setting in on their original plan, they just decide it's not worth the trouble to try to even sell them so they spend them.

Excellent finds though!

Yes, I agree. I have mentioned before that where I live is a big retirement area. Almost all the old banks have large walk-in vaults with safety deposit boxes. I think when the estates of these people come up a lot of stuff is cashed in.