• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

NGC error submission question
1 1

3 posts in this topic

Using this picture I found as an example. I have a few error coins I want to get certified. Some don’t have dates because of the error. On the NGC list of coins they won’t certify, the one line does say if the coin doesn’t have a date it’s not eligible for certification. Then how do these coins get certified. When I try to submit coins online, one of the first things it requires you type in a date. I tried ND for no date and I tried to leave it blank and go to the next step and it doesn’t let you without filling a date in. So what date should I put in there for similar coins like pictured. For NGC submissions

IMG_4990.jpeg

IMG_4988.jpeg

Hello and welcome!!!

As I have submitted many error coins to NGC, they will accept and slab a no date coin in the case if it is a mint error. A non error coin with no date will not get graded. I submitted a Lincoln Wheat cent struck through a capped die and the obverse was basically obliterated completely. Even Abe was basically mush. I have included a photo of this slab in my reply. Since I filled in and sent in paperwork done by hand, I did what NGC uses for errors missing one or two digits of a date. I entered the date as 19XX as all Lincoln Wheat cents start with 19. Seeing as you are doing this in an online fillable form, you could try something similar as far as the date goes or try all X's. You could also if you know what type the coin is, just select any year from the series. The graders will know what to do with it.

This question should be presented in the Ask/NGC section of the forum and you will get a better answer directly from customer service.

PXL_20221203_221959428.jpg