• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1995 Lincoln cent , vest
1 1

5 posts in this topic

Hi all what's going with Lincoln vest . Under the bow tie there are more lines then the other 1995 Lincoln cents. Don't look like Environmental. Last pic is the one I compared with. Also checked variety Vista and wexlers, nothing...help20240412_114136.thumb.jpg.0b55de0e9fc6978c3361015ae6a56db4.jpg20240412_113603.thumb.jpg.babffd1812f7304c7e8c05dca66cf490.jpg20240413_131119.thumb.jpg.63a55bea855df9519dca6f2890244f0f.jpg

I think what you are seeing are linear plating blisters. If I am wrong, the others will surely correct me. I also see a plating bubble under the Y in LIBERTY. 

I have seen many of these copper plated zinc cents of this era and especially the 90's with these linear plating blisters that can be in many different directions and found in differing areas on the coin, some short, some spanning across the entire coin from rim to rim.

Powermad, has the best answer. Nothing special, this is common.

Just poor plating of the copper to the zinc cores. Not uncommon on zincoins    
and not considered an error or adds any value.

There are actually a number of causes for this, I'm not sure that from a photo we are going to be able to pin it down exactly.   It very well could be a linear plating bubble, it could also be one of the striking anomalies that plague the zinc cents such as split plating or simple strike doubling.   Notice how the tip of the nose and edge of the last 5 in the date also have an extra outline, that is all worthless strike doubling and/or from how the copper platting gets stretched at the time of striking.

Be it plating bubbles or some striking issue it is all just worthless, keep it if you like it but it is not any type of error that adds any value to the coin.