• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2024 S Lincoln cent Rim is different
1 1

6 posts in this topic

Does anyone know why the rim on the 2024 S Lincoln cent is so pronounced compared to other recent years. 
first the 2024 S coin the the 2019 coin.

the 2024 coin is .074” in diameter and .06” weight is 2.59 g

the 2019 coin is .073” in diameter and .05” weight is 2.55g

IMG_8683.jpeg

IMG_8684.jpeg

IMG_8687.jpeg

IMG_8688.jpeg

IMG_8685.jpeg

IMG_8686.jpeg

IMG_8689.jpeg

IMG_8690.jpeg

All my proof coins are just like the 2019 coin. 
2019 W coin is .074 , .05 2.62g

while the West Point coin has a more pronounced rim, it is not to the same level as the 2024s

IMG_8691.jpeg

IMG_8693.jpeg

IMG_8694.jpeg

I am sorry, but I am further confused by this post the further down I scroll. We are comparing proofs to a circulation strike and also an S to a D to a W.

With all the variables in just that, not withstanding any differences in the preparation of the planchets which I believe are supplied to the mint in large quantities, I don't see how any comprehensive conclusion can be made to any aspects of size, thickness, or weight of each of the three.

Is it the 2024 has more of a square edge with very little bevel on it compared to other years., Unless that is a dent on the edge and not just a reflection.

Thanks all. Sorry about the confusion. I just noticed a much more distinctive rim on this new proof coin.