• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

50 yen no year #
1 1

11 posts in this topic

I found this 50 yen coin that has no year # on it. I can't find anything about it. All the ones that I found have a # on them.

I know how the numbers work and how they represent the year but this coin doesn't have that. Could it be counterfeit?

20240407_074226.jpg

20240407_074236.jpg

Is it specific for this year not to have a number on it? Because I haven't found any of these coins that don't have a number on it. Trying to figure out why this one does not or if this is just normal. For that year.

Thanks, I wonder why I couldn't find it online though. I would think that it would show up. Even when I Google pictured and it still didn't come up.

Awesome thanks for the assistance much appreciated. Not sure y this wouldn't come up when I searched It even used the Google camera search. But either way thanks 

On 4/11/2024 at 5:21 AM, Patman54 said:

Not sure y this wouldn't come up when I searched It

Don't feel bad. I checked Numista for this specific thing, and yours with the no numeral was not on their site which is quite comprehensive. It is basically lumped in with the 50 yen from the whole period but doesn't get specific that this particular coin seems to be a one year only with a proper explanation.

Thanks at least I'm not alone in this  you would think that because this is different from the rest that there would be mention of it. Even though not rare seems to me that it should be separated or at the very least mentioned.  Like the bicentennial for example. Makes me wonder what the mintage was for that year. 🤔