• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hi everyone im new to this hobby..can i ask if how much worth the 1943 steel penny ddo fs 101
1 1

4 posts in this topic

Welcome to the forum

Value depends on condition and in order to see condition, we will need a clear photo of BOTH sides.   
Don’t expect to get rich though, it is only valuable in higher grades as there would be hundreds of thousands of these minted.

Edited by Greenstang
Add copy

As greenstang wrote we would need to see photos of both sides to see the condition, photos should be cropped so that we see more of the coin than the background.   From only the obv photo you supplied your coin looks to be lightly circulated and not reprocessed.  Here is a screenshot of sales from the Great Collections archives, they have not auctioned any AU examples and only one circulated coin an XF several years ago.   But from this you can see there is not much price spread form that XF to a low MS example.   If you are planning to try and sell the coin raw I would guess a fair value would be around $75.   If you were to send this to NGC for certification and it was graded as AU58 it might fetch more as there is some demand for AU58 examples for the everyman registry sets.

image.png.2c50f9d45f0b695d9c6b100464819538.png

Hello and welcome to the forum and to the hobby!

While you may have one of the DDO-001 varieties, it would be helpful to us if you could post clear, cropped photos of both sides of your coin to be able to check it for the necessary die markers to 100% confirm yours is of that variety. While I see a die scratch running into the top of the 4 on your coin as is found on Stage C specimens, I would need to see the rest of the coin to make sure the markers match the known variety.

Your coin seems to exhibit original surfaces and while I hope that the tiny black spots are something besides the earliest stages of corrosion found on these steel cents, I would hope it could be conserved to keep from spreading further or getting worse in the future.