• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1995 W Silver 🦅 is this a 🔑 date
1 1

53 posts in this topic

That true  all coins are market hype  one factor that can’t be ignored is the low mintage  is what makes them rare  if that’s wasn’t the case they all would be worth the same in the case of the 1995 W that will never happen  no matter what the grade they are worth more then any modern silver eagle from 60 -70  is there any other eagle that holds that type of value ? 

On 3/30/2024 at 4:46 PM, bobbyboshay said:

That true  all coins are market hype  one factor that can’t be ignored is the low mintage  is what makes them rare  if that’s wasn’t the case they all would be worth the same in the case of the 1995 W that will never happen  no matter what the grade they are worth more then any modern silver eagle from 60 -70  is there any other eagle that holds that type of value ? 

No, except maybe that 2019-S Reverse Proof.  Not sure what has happened to pricing post-Covid for that one but I recall 70 DCAMs were maybe $1,500 or so ?

The thing with the 1995-W:  lots of people collect the ASE coins.  Once you start collecting every year's issue, then you had a built-in excuse to stretch to buy a coin that costs a few thousand dollars in 69 and maybe $10K for those with more $$$ to keep the streak going.  It's not like collecting Saints where most coins are under $5,000 and then to get any 1932 or other rare one you are talking 6 or 7-figures for any condition of the coin and that is something that 99% of people simply can't afford to do. 

That's one reason why there are so many more ASE collectors than other coin collectors and/or gold coin collectors.

Edited by GoldFinger1969

Modern coins does not have the same structure of value as older coins this conversation is about silver eagle 🦅 not about regular circulate coins  your research is appreciated if we just stuck with the Silver eagle not circulating coins To you are there any other silver eagle coins considered Key 🔑 date and more valuable than the 1995 W don’t forget we are talking about the silver eagle not nickel dime or any other coins one gentleman stated the. Price drop from 86000 to 10000 if I’m not mistaken that’s what supposed to happen when others coins have been certified with the same grade I consider that a FMV correction  which was to be expected  the 2019 s  is the second silver eagle 🦅 with good Market Value  remember it’s just one once of silver  should be what 24 dollars  which will never be the case compare to other silver eagle the silver eagle 1995 W is the key unless something like this happens again  your  comparison doesn’t have nothing to do with the modern silver eagle 🦅 it’s make sense for regular circulating coins  thanks once again can will just talk about the silver eagle 🦅 not anything else 

On 3/31/2024 at 11:31 AM, bobbyboshay said:

Price drop from 86000 to 10000 if I’m not mistaken that’s what supposed to happen when others coins have been certified with the same grade I consider that a FMV correction 

It was also a bubble.  Most of the sales took place at about $30,000 or so, which even that was still bubble-like.  And we are talking very few sales even at $30K.

Once the supply hit (see my post above), the price really took a tumble.  Folks who thought maybe only a few dozen or even a few hundred coins would get the top grade and DCAM add-on suddenly recognized that (especially when you add in NGC) you could be talking THOUSANDS.

They'd still sell at a premium because of all the set registry collector demand....but not at multiple 5-figure pricing.

On 3/31/2024 at 10:31 AM, bobbyboshay said:

conversation is about silver eagle

I responded to your comment regarding rarity which applies to ALL coins.

And I mentioned your ASE's in the comment as well.

SMH

Fellow didn’t mean to offend anyone I just like this as being a hot topic so  feel free to contribute to the topic now my question again is this a key 🔑 date or not  if it’s worth 6 figures or not money when it comes to rarity is not the issue  does this coin is the best  or in so many words the G O A T of  American Eagle who care of the price history  with so many of these coins certify is there a coin with these many certification still holds this much value when in most cases the prices don’t hold this value?  Don’t forget we are talking about silver eagle 🦅 also the termite still have there coins and hasn’t sold them on the market  because it’s still few on the market and the termite ain’t selling them for 24 dollars 

On 3/31/2024 at 2:23 PM, bobbyboshay said:

is this a key 🔑 date or not

Yes it’s key date to the series 

it’s worth 6 figures or not money

Yes it worth upper $10,000 to $18,000 (unconfirmed) or so going by heritage auction house prices in a PF70 grade ! So you got your answer 

PF69 is a lot less more like $1,600-$3,000 

when it comes to rarity

is it rarity ? Or should it be called a “rarity” ? My opinion on this take I collect classic coinage I don’t collect anything modern nor do I have desire to collect modern coinage and bullion such as ASE … it is by no means to me a rare coin on market …. Simple google search turn up tons on PF70’s 1995-W ASE …. What makes them worth so much is people who are pushing the demands as they build their sets …. Will that fan fire keep holding for next decade or so ? Hard to say , even in Classic coinage such as the Commemorative half dollars were once very very hot property guys were pouring tons and tons of money into them building their sets , then all sudden one days the market just crashed nobody cared pay high dollars for them anymore … they had a low mintage , it just didn’t matter anymore … same could happen to 1995-W ASE proof in near future 

take trip over to world coin section read topic “once hot - now they are fallen stars” …. I predict the 1995-W proof will be on that list as well the market comes in cycles and waves and CRASHES I should say 

Edited by Jason Abshier

On 3/31/2024 at 3:28 PM, Jason Abshier said:

Yes it worth upper $10,000 to $18,000 (unconfirmed) or so going by heritage auction house prices in a PF70 grade ! So you got your answer 

PF69 is a lot less more like $1,600-$3,000 

A few weeks or months ago one got NO BIDs asking I think $13,000 or so on GC or HA.  So figure total cost of about $15K was too steep.  For a total cost of about $12,000 (give or take 10%), you can get the 70DCAM.  69-69's will run you $2K-$3K all-in.

Edited by GoldFinger1969

if it’s worth 6 figures or not money when it comes to rarity is not the issue  does this coin is the best  or in so many words the G O A T of  American Eagle who care of the price history  with so many of these coins certify is there a coin with these many certification still holds this much value when in most cases the prices don’t hold this value?  Don’t forget we are talking about silver eagle 🦅 also the termite still have there coins and hasn’t sold them on the market  because it’s still few on the market and the termite ain’t selling them for 24 dollars 

I think you answered your own question.  Quite frankly, if I was an ASE collector or if I just wanted a 1995-W as a conversation piece, I would almost certainly go for a 68 or 69.  

ESPECIALLY when you consider the risk of milk spots or something developing down the line.  One thing to have a $2,500 coin get cut in half price-wise....but to spend $12,000 and have it go down by 75-80% would be too much unless I had just won PowerBall. xD

Edited by GoldFinger1969

On 3/31/2024 at 3:44 PM, VKurtB said:

The counterpoint to that excellent reasoning is that the ASE remains BY FAR the most frequently encapsulated coin by NGC. And it’s not even close. Yeah, I don’t get it either, but it is what it is. SOMEBODY surely does love the 💩 out of collecting the things. 

It's affordable...the coin looks nice....it's 1 ounce of silver....makes a nice present. xD  (thumbsu

@Sandon Thanks for pointing that out,  I was somewhat aware of that … I just took a quick screen shot of 42 (with the “special” signature labels) that were graded even then that didn’t make it a rarity.. not when ya got 42 at 70s not a single 69 or 68 ? 

talk about the abuse of 70 grade ? It was awarded way way too easy …

Edited by Jason Abshier

On 3/31/2024 at 5:24 PM, Jason Abshier said:

@Sandon Thanks for pointing that out,  I was somewhat aware of that … I just took a quick screen shot of 42 (with the “special” signature labels) that were graded even then that didn’t make it a rarity.. not when ya got 42 at 70s not a single 69 or 68 ? 

That’s because Castle only signed “70’s”.