• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1982 d bronze small date?
1 1

6 posts in this topic

Welcome to the forum

What you have are 3 Large Date cents worth 1 cent each.   
It is the 1982D copper Small Date that is the valuable one but you
have a better chance at winning the power ball lottery than finding one?   
There are only a couple known to exist.

Hello and welcome!  Unfortunately, your coins are not the "small date" variety.  The small date variety has more space between the 2 and the rim.  The below images will help illustrate the differences.

image.jpeg.64b0f75c1c0453dd87c3e74c173184ea.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.baa52b5c8758b98737e32196fd314c8c.jpeg

To echo above all your coins are large date coins worth face value only.   I do not know who or perhaps where you read that checking your 1982 coins was a good idea, but as greenstang said you have a better chance of winning the lottery than of ever finding an 82-D small date.   I'm not trying to discourage you from looking, please do so, just don't get your hopes up that you'll be retiring soon. ;)

I also see three large date 1982 D Lincoln cents. I also echo the response by @Coinbuf that it is your time spent if you wish to continue to search for the third "unicorn" cent. Just keep in mind there are tens or hundreds of thousands of other people who are also looking for the same thing, so do not be surprised if you never find it.