• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1969 S penny DDO, or no DDO I can't tell
1 1

5 posts in this topic

Hi guys, my first post is a question about the 1969s ddo, I got one here but do not know what to look for. If anyone can chime in with their thoughts on this matter I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thank you

69S.jpg

On 3/25/2024 at 2:04 AM, Green2 said:

Hi guys, my first post is a question about the 1969s ddo, I got one here but do not know what to look for. If anyone can chime in with their thoughts on this matter I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thank you

Did you look at any reference photos of what a true 69-S DDO looks like?   There will be no doubt when you see the real deal, it is almost as dramatic and easy to spot as the 55/55.   Here is a photo of the real deal from the PCGS coinfacts page, as you can see your coin is not like the real deal.

69-S.jpg

Ok Got it, as I said I am really to all of this, and I do really appreciate your patience and understanding. It's just that I ran into a handful of old coins a while back and I'm just now trying to sort them out. 

Thanks again 

There are a few “lesser” doublings in 1969-S cents. But the “good one” is so obvious that no glass in even necessary. There are also some widely spaced strike doubling examples in 1969-S. I have one. I saved it because it almost caused me a heart attack, but it was NOT hub doubled.